Wonderful news - pocket version Tabula Mundi and Rosetta!

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Nemia
Global Moderator

Wonderful news - pocket version Tabula Mundi and Rosetta!

Post by Nemia »

I'm on M.M. Meleen's mailing list and want to let you know if you don't know already: she published the Rosetta and the Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus (the coloured version) as pocket decks, i.e. 83 x 55 mm.

I ordered mine already, the price and shipping are absolutely fair. Her shop is full of wonderful things - I can recommend her Book M even if you don't have the Tabula Mundi Tarot; like Benebell Wen said, it's a great book if you want to learn more about Tarot and the Thoth.

I'm a huge fan of M.M. Meleen's work which changed the way I look at tarot. And I ordered the two pocket decks already.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Wonderful news - pocket version Tabula Mundi and Rosetta!

Post by Nemia »

They arrived - and I'm blown away by the quality of the decks and the whole parcel. Nobody offers extra like M.M. Meleen - cards with hieroglyphs, an embroidered patch with the motif of the key, everything is packed beautifully, the decks are numbered and signed - you just can't compare the level of finish to mass produced decks.

The Rosetta looks wonderful. You can see the artist's growth when you compare the two decks. But the less polished and perfect Rosetta gives a wonderful view into the workings of the artist's mind.

I'll put up pictures later. Still recovering from unpacking that parcel - my heart was fluttering.

The pocket TM is in my bag and it's with me all the time. I just look through it and it's so powerful. I have the book about tarot as magic tool but didn't read it yet - I might just do so now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Re: Wonderful news - pocket version Tabula Mundi and Rosetta!

Post by kyan »

awww the cat approves! loving all the new smells and details.

is that a giant dab of gold metallic wax with an ankh seal in the fourth photo? amazing if so. imagine hand melting waxes for all the orders!

does anyone refer to these types of indy cards as "artisan decks'?

they should. i mean, if they can use it to describe cheese.... :icon_rolleyes: :icon_razz:

i would love the tabula mundi but i'm not ready to take the leap to thoth. yet. i handled a deck the other day and it was slightly overwhelming somehow. powerful, but intimidating too. one day. one day.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links