Scrying with a black mirror

Moderator: Barleywine

Canid

Re: Scrying with a black mirror

Post by Canid » 12 Feb 2018, 19:30

I got one years ago, I love it! I’ll have to take a pic. I’ve made a few also. But you can use your turned-off device, fone, whatever, that black screen works just as well. You don’t need to purchase a ‘professional’ black mirror, I just thought it was cool looking. In the past, people used a bowl of water, a black bowl is supposed to work better for reflective purposes but I never tried it.
We both read the Bible every night, you read black while I read white.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 12 Feb 2018, 19:37

It came with an instruction booklet too, but I can’t find it. It’s 6” in diameter, pretty thick & durable.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 12 Feb 2018, 23:29

ooh that’s nice! the round shape seems perfectly suited for divination too.

so even the screen of an ipad would work... but gee, so much for the natural-wiccan-earthiness feel. maybe a big section of smooth black mica or a flat, polished piece of obsidian could be used.

using water as a scrying surface always reminds me of the scene in LOTR where the eye tries to snatch frodo’s ring. :icon_e_confused: :icon_e_wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 13 Feb 2018, 01:10

Canid wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 19:37
It came with an instruction booklet too, but I can’t find it. It’s 6” in diameter, pretty thick & durable.
Thanks for sharing the picture of you magic mirror, there is one that I am planing on purchasing from a new age store in the mall where I work. It has a nice gold pattern that go around the mirror like a frame. It is only 28.00 the mirror comes with a stand ( plastic ) and an instruction sheet . Right now it is my nieces B day so will have save money for that but when I do buy one I will post a pic here.
I really like that you have a cover ( bag) for it, wonder where I could but one? It would help to keep the mirror safe .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 14 Feb 2018, 19:48

Belinda2 wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 01:10
Canid wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 19:37
Thanks for sharing the picture of you magic mirror, there is one that I am planing on purchasing from a new age store in the mall where I work. It has a nice gold pattern that go around the mirror like a frame. It is only 28.00 the mirror comes with a stand ( plastic ) and an instruction sheet . Right now it is my nieces B day so will have save money for that but when I do buy one I will post a pic here.
I really like that you have a cover ( bag) for it, wonder where I could but one? It would help to keep the mirror safe .
I think the bag was originally a makeup or travel bag that my niece gave me long ago. It’s all nice & padded & soft.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 15 Feb 2018, 16:25

Nice😀

Link:
BBcode:
HTML: