Scrying with a black mirror

Moderator: Barleywine

Canid

Re: Scrying with a black mirror

Post by Canid » 12 Feb 2018, 19:30

I got one years ago, I love it! I’ll have to take a pic. I’ve made a few also. But you can use your turned-off device, fone, whatever, that black screen works just as well. You don’t need to purchase a ‘professional’ black mirror, I just thought it was cool looking. In the past, people used a bowl of water, a black bowl is supposed to work better for reflective purposes but I never tried it.
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 12 Feb 2018, 19:37

It came with an instruction booklet too, but I can’t find it. It’s 6” in diameter, pretty thick & durable.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 12 Feb 2018, 23:29

ooh that’s nice! the round shape seems perfectly suited for divination too.

so even the screen of an ipad would work... but gee, so much for the natural-wiccan-earthiness feel. maybe a big section of smooth black mica or a flat, polished piece of obsidian could be used.

using water as a scrying surface always reminds me of the scene in LOTR where the eye tries to snatch frodo’s ring. :icon_e_confused: :icon_e_wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 13 Feb 2018, 01:10

Canid wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 19:37
It came with an instruction booklet too, but I can’t find it. It’s 6” in diameter, pretty thick & durable.
Thanks for sharing the picture of you magic mirror, there is one that I am planing on purchasing from a new age store in the mall where I work. It has a nice gold pattern that go around the mirror like a frame. It is only 28.00 the mirror comes with a stand ( plastic ) and an instruction sheet . Right now it is my nieces B day so will have save money for that but when I do buy one I will post a pic here.
I really like that you have a cover ( bag) for it, wonder where I could but one? It would help to keep the mirror safe .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 14 Feb 2018, 19:48

Belinda2 wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 01:10
Canid wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 19:37
Thanks for sharing the picture of you magic mirror, there is one that I am planing on purchasing from a new age store in the mall where I work. It has a nice gold pattern that go around the mirror like a frame. It is only 28.00 the mirror comes with a stand ( plastic ) and an instruction sheet . Right now it is my nieces B day so will have save money for that but when I do buy one I will post a pic here.
I really like that you have a cover ( bag) for it, wonder where I could but one? It would help to keep the mirror safe .
I think the bag was originally a makeup or travel bag that my niece gave me long ago. It’s all nice & padded & soft.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 15 Feb 2018, 16:25

Nice😀

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 18 Feb 2018, 07:48

mexican obsidian scrying mirror.....

“This black spirit mirror and other magical objects are thought to have been owned by John Dee (1527–1608/9), the Elizabethan magician, astrologer and mathematician.”

https://www.bl.uk/collection-items/john ... rit-mirror

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 18 Feb 2018, 15:50

kyan wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 07:48
mexican obsidian scrying mirror.....

“This black spirit mirror and other magical objects are thought to have been owned by John Dee (1527–1608/9), the Elizabethan magician, astrologer and mathematician.”

https://www.bl.uk/collection-items/john ... rit-mirror
I’d love to see it!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 18 Feb 2018, 18:57

Canid wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 15:50
I’d love to see it!
me too! it’s currently on display apparently. unfortunately, i’m nowhere near the UK, lol.

odd tho.. it doesn’t look particularly shiny or reflective in the pics, does it. it sort of looks like it has a matte finish.

the mirror’s CASE is almost more interesting with its different star shapes and other symbols tooled into the leather.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 18 Feb 2018, 20:02

kyan wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 18:57
Canid wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 15:50
I’d love to see it!
me too! it’s currently on display apparently. unfortunately, i’m nowhere near the UK, lol.

odd tho.. it doesn’t look particularly shiny or reflective in the pics, does it. it sort of looks like it has a matte finish.

the mirror’s CASE is almost more interesting with its different star shapes and other symbols tooled into the leather.
I missed that, I’ll have to look again. I wonder if he actually used the bag too, or was it just for woo-woo.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Divination: Diverse Methods”