The Golden Age of Hollywood Tarot

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
welkin

Re: The Golden Age of Hollywood Tarot

Post by welkin »

I'm amazed at that too, Nemia. But then, that's not only the "magic" of the tarot, but the nature of the world we live in and the universality of human subjectivity. I firmly believe any inter-related set of things can and do reflect the variety of meanings intrinsic to the tarot. there are simply 2 prerequisites: a firmly prescribed time frame, and a deep and diverse enough reserve with which to work. Because Hollywood films alter reality - that is, they falsify nature - a deck which relied solely on the films themselves as its basis would reflect this falsification, this untruth. That is why for The Golden Age of Hollywood Tarot I incorporated real aspects of the players' lives, as well as the political real world nature of why and how these films were made. I used a similar technique also for The Shakespeare Tarot and The Beatles Tarot - since neither written works nor musical ones are natural, rather they're human made - and I believe this has resulted in much richer decks with far more interesting and acute reading potential.
Last edited by welkin on 16 Oct 2017, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Welkin, you have created a truly fascination deck here! It's not my normal style of deck but I am always a sucker for a good companion book and cards that have layers and depths to them. It shows you have done a lot of research, and have put a lot of time, effort and love into the deck :icon_mrgreen:
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

I'm very interested in whether any inter-related set of things can and do reflect a variety of meanings, whether this is the same set of meanings as presented in the Tarot or not. I guess Tarot is more marketable but it does constrain the cards to a pre-defined structure.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
welkin

Post by welkin »

it strikes me that if one looks for it, one'll will find it. as with "as above, so below", or the periodic table, multiple complexities are built on the same simple patterns. looked at another way: when all is said and done, reality is actually rather limited, and we being animals with a limited understanding make those limitations even smaller.
to my mind, a new set of inter-related things used to create a tarot is akin to one artist covering another artist's song - like marvin gaye covering "yesterday". the song has a pre-defined structure - the words and melody - but the result is a variation on what was heretofore understood... it can stick strictly to the structure or disregard it, but that itself doesn't dictate whether it'll be better or worse; that's an issue for the individual.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

You can see an interview with the creator of this deck, The Golden Age of Hollywood Tarot.

It's posted here

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
welkin

Post by welkin »

just to update everyone: The Beatles Tarot and The Golden Age of Hollywood Tarot are now available on their respective websites, which are:
beatlestarot.com
&
goldenageofhollywoodtarot.com

with the decks and book now printed and available, i have reduced the price. The Beatles tarot deck & book is now $60 for the set, as is The Golden Age of Hollywood Tarot deck & book.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links