BrightEye's visual journal

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
Wizz

Re: BrightEye's visual journal

Post by Wizz »

BrightEye wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 08:08
Wizz wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 07:45
Awesome! I'd like to know what did you look at when you got the last one and draw it as is!
You mean The Ammonite's Dream?
yes

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

BrightEye wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 03:47 Thank you, DDwarks.

The Ammonite's Dream:

This one is semi-automatic, especially the background. The combination of paint and paper structure suggested shapes to me that I then worked into the overall composition.
This is so beautiful! Have you created a tarot/oracle deck? Or have you thought of doing that?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

BrightEye wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 13:50 Thank you, Wizz. I like drawing what I see, either with my outer or my inner eye, or both.
Awesome! I'd like to know what did you look at when you got the last one and draw it as is!
I have a small collection of fossilised ammonites, so I've been studying their form for a particular series of drawings (of which the one you asked about is one). I often work with unpremeditated watercolour sketches to generate ideas for drawings. So in this case I splashed watercolour randomly on paper, drew the touch shape of the ammonite (I knew I wanted to draw an ammonite, but that's as far as the planning went) and then looked at the way the colour spread across the paper to see what else would suggest itself. It was a tree that seemed to grow out of the ammonite tentacles. The tentacles seemed like tree roots. So for this drawing here I used the watercolour sketch I just described and drew something a bit less fuzzy and more distinct.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

fractalgranny wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 22:40

This is so beautiful! Have you created a tarot/oracle deck? Or have you thought of doing that?
Thank you :). Yes, I did a Majors only deck a few years ago but haven't done anything like that since. I do like to work in longer series though. Their narrative aspect interests me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Wizz

Post by Wizz »

BrightEye wrote: 09 Nov 2017, 02:52
BrightEye wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 13:50 Thank you, Wizz. I like drawing what I see, either with my outer or my inner eye, or both.
I have a small collection of fossilised ammonites, so I've been studying their form for a particular series of drawings (of which the one you asked about is one). I often work with unpremeditated watercolour sketches to generate ideas for drawings. So in this case I splashed watercolour randomly on paper, drew the touch shape of the ammonite (I knew I wanted to draw an ammonite, but that's as far as the planning went) and then looked at the way the colour spread across the paper to see what else would suggest itself. It was a tree that seemed to grow out of the ammonite tentacles. The tentacles seemed like tree roots. So for this drawing here I used the watercolour sketch I just described and drew something a bit less fuzzy and more distinct.
Awesome talent, thanks! :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Bull Island (3)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Excellent, I got an immediate feeling of being where that dot in the crater is, it's like a round tower viewed from above :icon_cool: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

Your technique is amazing and ethereal.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Joan Marie wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 05:40 Your technique is amazing and ethereal.
Thank you. Is only pencil on paper. Took me ages to finish though!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links