one card tarot by kyan

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
kyan

Re: one card tarot by kyan

Post by kyan »

interesting. i’ll have to look into those programs if i ever get back to my old regular computer! i have a newer laptop but it has a small 13” screen so i don’t like to use it for drawing. (meanwhile, i’m drawing on a phone hahaa)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

:hidden:

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

darker. with apologies to pablo :meaw:
Last edited by kyan on 13 Apr 2018, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I like it!!!! It would have lost something if his hands weren't crossed. Its really clever!!!!

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

glad you like! yep, the hands had to be crossed. i had added a thin red ribbon-like blindfold, but realized his already darkened eyes looked “clouded” enough.

i may put something in his hands or above his head in the negative space between the sword tips.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

yeah, like his planetary sign or if there is a Hebrew letter associated with that card or an animal familiar would be cool, like a ghostly form. Change the opacity of the animal first.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

oh, i like the idea of a ghostly animal image fading into the background... like just the head.

(i saw a tarot card recently of strength — it was just a lion head and two hands, cut off (collage style) at the wrists. the three elements were floating above the background. it was lovely and impactful.)

at the same time, the RWS card is so barren and sparse, so i’m not sure it needs anything... i would love to incorporate water somehow, but a vignette of the ocean overhead would look odd. also, i didn’t want to create a whole new background because i loved the painted roses shown here.

i wouldn’t feel comfortable adding hebrew letters or astrology signs, simply because i don’t understand them yet! maybe the space above should just house the card title.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

here’s a link to the strength card i mentioned above:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/fde79d3a16cc ... o1_500.jpg

it’s by an artist named jessica roux.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

today’s card is the a. mcqueen mt fuji emoji fool :icon_e_wink:
Last edited by kyan on 13 Apr 2018, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

ROTFL @onion24@

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links