Attention Tarot Deck Artists and Producers!

For general questions and comments regarding the production and distribution of Indy decks.
Joan Marie

Attention Tarot Deck Artists and Producers!

Post by Joan Marie »

You creatives are all invited to use this section, Deck Creation, for discussions related to the development & production of your Tarot masterpieces.

We can also discuss the ways you are getting your Indy and Self-published decks out into the world and into the hands of the hands of all the passionate Tarot Card collectors out there.

You are invited to start a thread, respond to threads, tell us about your work, your process, what's going well, what's not, or whatever is on your mind.

I’m going to start a couple threads to get things going. I have created a deck myself and am so excited to build a community here of people who have also or who are planning to, thinking about it, or just curious about the process.

Collectors are also welcome! You’re appreciation and support for the work is a big part why we do it and your input is so important to the process.

Do you have ideas or comments about the Deck Creation Forum?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: Attention Tarot Deck Artists and Producers!

Post by Jo Ann »

what about printing you decks via places like Staples and other office supply store. There you have no contracts and publish as needed, cuz when i get extra cash i want to enlarge my Hanson-Roberts deck by about 10-15%. My darn right eye makes it hard for me now to see the cards correctly. Its my personal deck, the only one that USUALLY let's me make sense of the cards when read for me.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

Jo Ann wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 13:02 when i get extra cash i want to enlarge my Hanson-Roberts deck by about 10-15%. My darn right eye makes it hard for me now to see the cards correctly.
I wish you luck with that one - and hope you get a sympathetic employee, because you will be in a gray area of the copyright laws that say you can make one copy of something for your personal use. Staples can refuse to copy a copyrighted design. I had problems having Staples enlarge a cross stitch chart for me - for my eyesight. I told them 'I bought this chart - and I have a right to be able to be able to use it!'

Not to go off on a tangent - but do you know that when you buy the pattern for anything - you have the right to make ONLY ONE ITEM with it? If you buy (let's say) a knitted sweater pattern and make 10 or 12 - you are considered to be manufacturing - and that is against the law. To manufacture something using someone else's copyrighted pattern needs permission from the copyright holder.
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I am very aware of those rights. but i can really play up my age. :sad:

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links