BrightEye's visual journal

Artists Present Their Decks and Images For You
Forum rules
This forum is intended for use by artists of all types of cards as a gallery of your work.

Feel free to present your work any way you'd like. You are encouraged to post images along with any text or links. We are looking for presentations of work from the perspective of the person(s) who made it.

If you are not the artist but would like to present a deck, perhaps the Reviews forum is more appropriate for that.
BrightEye

BrightEye's visual journal

Post by BrightEye »

I don't know if my art is occult or esoteric, but I think of it as a record of how I experience the visible and invisible world. (Though I guess that's what all art tries to do.)

This one is called 'Meerlandschaft'. It was inspired by a walk in an area once below prehistoric ocean but now on dry land. It's as if the past has left a ghost in contemporary landscape.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Re: BrightEye's visual journal

Post by Joan Marie »

Thank you for sharing this!
Beautiful and very mysterious like trees from a dream. What is normally a symbol of being grounded, (rooted) has a quality of wanting to carry you away. To float.

What medium is this? And do you have any more?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Thank you, Joan Marie. It's graphite pencil on paper. I have more and will post more here in this thread, which I will keep as a visual journal. I'll also post new work when it's ready for viewing. 'Meerlandschaft' is part of a series on landscape that reflects exactly on what you pick up: rootedness as opposed to .... whatever its opposite is.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Here's another from the same series.

I called this one 'The Waves' because I was reading the novel by Virginia Woolf, which served as part of the still life, when I was drawing this. I found the fig on a walk around the vineyards, as well as little white shells in the ground, which again reminded me of the ancient sea that was once here.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Beautiful Brighteyes. I am trying to learn to do trees in watercolor. I used to draw and paint when i was young. Even winning national school awards. But it can take one bad soul to drain it from you. But I am still breathing so i am trying again.

I can not wait to see more of your art!!!!!!

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

BrightEye wrote: 08 Aug 2017, 16:54 Here's another from the same series.

I called this one 'The Waves' because I was reading the novel by Virginia Woolf, which served as part of the still life, when I was drawing this. I found the fig on a walk around the vineyards, as well as little white shells in the ground, which again reminded me of the ancient sea that was once here.
Beautiful. Art excites me.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

These are very nice and an interesting reminder of how the landscape can change but leave evidence behind. Sea shells found up mountains were a great puzzle a few hundred years ago - not everyone was convinced that pilgrims on their way to the Holy Land could have dropped quite so many.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Underground Sun (watercolour on Ingres paper)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

I am glad to see you here! :clap:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Falcor wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 14:06 I am glad to see you here! :clap:
Hello my friend

This is based on a very significant dream I had more than a year ago.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links