Ikigai - using tarot to reflect on your life

Moderator: Nemia

Forum rules
Tarot for Personal Growth focuses on learning about ourselves, not the Cards. However, by using the Cards this way, we learn more about them as well.

The Cards become more meaningful on a personal level which helps us in our "normal" readings (focused on present, future and/or other people) and "normal" studies (focused on the the history, meaning, art, esoteric background or interpretation of the cards themselves).

Think of it this way: There is "question-focused" tarot reading, and "tarot-focused" studies, and then there’s "self-focused" tarot for Personal Growth.

Tarot for Personal Growth means using the tarot cards as a tool to reflect on personal problems, psychological aspects of ourselves (like the Shadow, Animus/Anima, memories, dreams and fears), and our personal relationship to universal topics (family relationships, social roles, the archetypes in our lives).

Tarot cards can't replace a coach or therapist, but they can help us get a grip on the problems we'd discuss with a wise friend.

A couple things to remember: In making comments and posts, be mindful of the sensitive and personal nature of the topics.
Your kindness and understanding are necessary for this unique forum to flourish.

Also: While we mainly focus on using Tarot cards here, your contributions utilising Oracle or any other type of cards is most welcome.

IMPORTANT: While using Tarot for Personal Growth can be very beneficial to anyone, it is in no way a replacement for professional help or medication. If you are experiencing PTSD, Clinical Depression, OCD, Eating Disorders, or any such thing, please seek out professional medical assistance.
Geekuma

Re: Ikigai - using tarot to reflect on your life

Post by Geekuma » 08 Dec 2017, 17:57

oh my god! Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm really happy for you as it seems you found a way to do something with your life that suits you deeply well. This is something worthy of a trophy, really!

Regarding the accuracy of the reading, I'm about as shocked as you are! I've been studying tarot for some years now, but I still consider myself a real newbie to it. I'm quite insecure, to be honest, so this type of validation you just gave is priceless to me. It is very hard for me to know if I'm "doing it right", because I learned it by myself (free online course) and sometimes I really doubt myself. This is just what I needed, a reminder that I can most certainly do it right! I hope I keep making such good readings :icon_e_smile:
(I just hope I can refrain to comparing the readings I do next with this one, I'm sure it wouldn't be fair to them.)

My daily card today was the six of wands. This is the daily victory I needed. Thank you so much!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny » 08 Dec 2017, 20:04

Well, you totally deserve that 6 of wands trophy! I'm sorry, things have come up (everything just took longer than I thought) and I may not be able to do my part until Sunday.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Geekuma

Post by Geekuma » 08 Dec 2017, 20:49

Eh, no worries. I think we all prefer to do readings than get readings done to us, so take your time heheheh

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Tarot for Personal Growth”