Journaling

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
Michael Sternbach
Site Admin

Re: Journaling

Post by Michael Sternbach » 15 Dec 2018, 11:25

Squeaky wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 11:34
Yeah well I'm doing it, but it's time consuming. Takes more time then actual reading.
Indeed. But it does accelerate your learning process quite a bit.

There have been times when I checked out all available books and other sources on a card's meaning and wrote down in my journal whatever clicked and/or was mentioned in more than one text.

I do recommend this practice. However, it is also important to make the link from the cards to your living experience. How do or did the cards that you draw in regards to future and past events play out? Keep track of that, and you will continue learning indefinitely.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squeaky

Post by Squeaky » 15 Dec 2018, 17:38

Wow, Evernote is amazing! Thank you Nemia. I bought myself a nice plain notebook with thick brown pages, I thought to be ideal for this kind of work. But it's just so much more convenient with a phone. And you've got a search function. And you can write on your PC or other device and it all syncs automatically.
Now just get to work..
But what does it mean to work with tarot you know? It's not exactly measurable. What is the indicator of progress, the evaluation of your cartomancy so to speak?
Is it about a certain immediate satisfaction, or is it about a confirmation that comes in future?
I like papayas. I like apples. I like Agrippa too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Squeaky

Post by Squeaky » 06 Jan 2019, 10:10

After all I switched to Diaro, which enables you to choose the day of the note, has virtually no ads, and the online backup space is 10x larger. It's great.

I am now keeping about 10 different parallel journals and after a just week or so I started seeing incredible changes in the way I perceive my habits, it's hard to describe but the benefit is obvious. I start to treat all my activities more seriously, consciously. As if more and more things are resembling a ritual of a kind.
I like papayas. I like apples. I like Agrippa too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”