Re: Learning the cards

Post by siovale » 05 Jan 2018, 18:25

Barleywine wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 16:03
siovale wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 11:49
Barleywine wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 05:53
I agree with Jenna 100%. A single card exhibits no movement or direction, which is what "context" is all about. I want to see where my day is likely "go," not simply its ambiance. I stopped doing single-card pulls years ago, and now like a minimum of three cards for a daily reading, although I have daily spreads that use five cards broken down into sub-sets for different focus areas (physical, emotional, mental--spiritual). I also find reading cards in small combinations to be a more useful learning tool for beginners because it brings in the concept of reinforcing and conflicting energies; nothing exists in a vacuum.
What are some of your favourite three card spreads, if I may ask? Thank you.
I like the triangle layout that has no beginning and end points; in reading it, I focus on the most significant (usually the highest-ranking) card in the spread and treat the others as modifiers. Also, I just finished reading Robert Place's tarot history book, and I like his approach to the three card line: he has several variations in which different positions serve as the focus and the energy moves either toward or away from the center.
May I impose upon you for a little demonstration of both? Very grateful. :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”