New deck pick up lines

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

New deck pick up lines

Post by theFeeLion » 17 Jul 2017, 08:51

Do you have a pencil? Cause I want to erase your past and write our future.
I don't have a library card, but do you mind if I check you out?
Even if there wasn't gravity on earth, I'd still fall for you.
:lol:

How do you approach a new deck? Do you gleefully open it up and get into playing with it the moment you get it? Or do you put it aside and let it simmer for a while to build anticipation beforehand?

Once into the deck how do you get to know it? How do you peel away it's layers to find its juicy centre and reveal it's deepest secrets?
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Wheel of Fantastic

Re: New deck pick up lines

Post by Wheel of Fantastic » 17 Jul 2017, 10:30

I rip off the packaging and dive in!

My deck pick up lines would sound like double entendres so being direct is the best approach 8-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 17 Jul 2017, 18:28

Wheel of Fantastic wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 10:30

My deck pick up lines would sound like double entendres so being direct is the best approach 8-)
Lol double entendres are always fun :mrgreen:

Once you've dived into a new deck how do you get to know it? Are you a card a day person? Do you go straight into doing spreads? Do you like to figure them out first before using them?
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Wheel of Fantastic

Post by Wheel of Fantastic » 17 Jul 2017, 20:01

theFeeLion wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 18:28
Wheel of Fantastic wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 10:30

Lol double entendres are always fun :mrgreen:

Once you've dived into a new deck how do you get to know it? Are you a card a day person? Do you go straight into doing spreads? Do you like to figure them out first before using them?
I usually know quite a bit about a deck before I buy it so once it's in my hands I use it for everything for at least a week. Spreads, one card draws using numerology for upcoming days - the works. I did just that with the Fountain tarot, I've had it three weeks so now it's an old friend.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

2dogs
Global Moderator

Post by 2dogs » 18 Jul 2017, 01:34

Just dive in - card a day, current question, do an exchange, whatever :D .
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sibylline

Post by Sibylline » 18 Jul 2017, 18:18

I'm like a little kid on Christmas morning--I rip open the wrapping paper and start playing with my new toy. :D

I usually toss the LWB aside for the moment and do a 3 card deck interview first. After that, I leave the deck out and play with it until I get a feel for how it reads. If there's a meaty companion book, then it stays on my reading table until I devour it hungrily like the book nerd I am. :geek:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 18 Jul 2017, 18:28

Sibylline wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 18:18
I'm like a little kid on Christmas morning--I rip open the wrapping paper and start playing with my new toy. :D

I usually toss the LWB aside for the moment and do a 3 card deck interview first. After that, I leave the deck out and play with it until I get a feel for how it reads. If there's a meaty companion book, then it stays on my reading table until I devour it hungrily like the book nerd I am. :geek:
That sounds almost exactly like me lol! Except for the part where you put the LBW aside, I haven't got to that point yet. What are the position for your interview.

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sibylline

Post by Sibylline » 18 Jul 2017, 18:58

theFeeLion wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 18:28
Sibylline wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 18:18

That sounds almost exactly like me lol! Except for the part where you put the LBW aside, I haven't got to that point yet. What are the position for your interview.
LOL, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! My deck interview is really simple.

1--3--2
1= Who are you? Deck will identify itself and tell you what its strengths are
2= Who am I? Will say something about who you are in your tarot journey
3= How do we best work together? I usually look at how cards 1 and 2 interact with card 3.

I know they're other deck interviews out there that are a lot more complex and comprehensive. This just works for me as a quick snapshot.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 19 Jul 2017, 01:50

I will always rip the packaging off as soon as I get it in my hands and flick through each card. I have a habit of mentally comparing each card to its RWS counterpart and noting the differences - I don't know if this is a bad habit or not, it's just something I do.

I don't always use it straight away for readings as if I already have a deck I'm working with and other decks lined up to work with, it goes away until I'm ready to use it. This.is definitely a bad habit as is linked to my over-acquisition, stashing and hoarding proclivities.

I often do a deck interview, especially if I don't get an immediate sense of what the deck is all about. I usually ask something like (it can vary):
- What kind of deck are you?
- What kind of readings are you best for?
- What kind of readings are you less strong for?
- How can I best work with you?
- What kind of relationship will we have?

When it's the deck's time, I'll make ity DOTW. Maybe for a couple of weeks.

I have too many decks to get to know them all very well. Which is a shame, but I still love most of them. And we will become friends over time.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 20 Jul 2017, 17:56

if it has GOLD or Silver on the outside of the cards FIRST you bend them a little concave and then a little convex like you where going to shuffle them. then everytime you into cards stuck together you do the same thing again. NEVER EVER PICK OR PRY APART. You will ruin the finish

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”