New deck pick up lines

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
Barleywine

Re: New deck pick up lines

Post by Barleywine » 15 Sep 2017, 09:14

I'm more methodical (and cold-blooded, I guess). I first count and inspect all the cards to make sure none are missing. Then I do my "new deck interview" spread.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=271911

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 15 Sep 2017, 11:27

I recently got a 2nd hand shadowscapes deck and did and interview spread with it, with a solitary one after, and as a representative card for the deck both times I got the queen of wands! So now that how I think of the deck, it has a lot to teach me but also has a bit of fiery bite
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Pleiades

Post by Pleiades » 15 Sep 2017, 13:14

I was monogamous with the RWS for several years before realizing I could have any deck I wanted.

Now I'm a TdM type of girl.

I like them old. I like them a mess.

I usually spill wine on them during the first date.

I expect them to give me what I want, when I want it.

Of course when they arrive I wait for the right time to make my move and figure them out.

Now I flirt with them all I don't know which ones said what, and sometimes can't even remember their names.
All the stories I have ever heard and am yet to hear are alive in me, all at once, and at all times.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

siovale

Post by siovale » 03 Jan 2018, 20:57

I opened my new Journey into Egypt Tarot deck today and did the following interview:

What can I expect from you?
What should I bring to you?
What will be the nature of our relationship?

I also drew the cards using Barleywine's New Deck Challenge Spread showcased here:

Barleywine's New Deck Challenge Spread

What an amazing spread!

Still have to read it, though, but I know the result will be really interesting.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

katrinka

Post by katrinka » 04 Jan 2018, 05:08

No pick up lines, no interviews. No foreplay with the pasteboards! :icon_lol: I go through the deck and make sure the cards are all there, and if it's somewhat standard, I start reading with it. If it's not standard, I'll keep the LWB handy instead of tossing it in a drawer or something. And start reading with it. :icon_mrgreen:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

siovale

Post by siovale » 04 Jan 2018, 10:16

katrinka wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 05:08
No pick up lines, no interviews. No foreplay with the pasteboards! :icon_lol: I go through the deck and make sure the cards are all there, and if it's somewhat standard, I start reading with it. If it's not standard, I'll keep the LWB handy instead of tossing it in a drawer or something. And start reading with it. :icon_mrgreen:
Do you just randomly choose one after the other, or do you start with a spread?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

katrinka

Post by katrinka » 04 Jan 2018, 16:56

Spreads.
If it's really different, I'll refrain from using it for client readings until I get used to it, but other than that I treat it the same as any other deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

siovale

Post by siovale » 04 Jan 2018, 19:29

katrinka wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 16:56
Spreads.
If it's really different, I'll refrain from using it for client readings until I get used to it, but other than that I treat it the same as any other deck.
How do you do your readings with a new deck?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

katrinka

Post by katrinka » 05 Jan 2018, 03:33

siovale wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 19:29
katrinka wrote:
Spreads.
Not sure what you mean - which spreads? Generally lines and box spreads, sometimes pyramid spreads or the chein de pique. Same as for old decks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

siovale

Post by siovale » 05 Jan 2018, 10:58

katrinka wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 03:33
siovale wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 19:29
katrinka wrote:
Spreads.
Not sure what you mean - which spreads? Generally lines and box spreads, sometimes pyramid spreads or the chein de pique. Same as for old decks.
Yes. Thank you. I've found the chien de pique in French, but is there a post, here, where the layout is explained in English? I've not explored this and would like to. :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”