New deck pick up lines

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
CharlotteK

Re: New deck pick up lines

Post by CharlotteK » 05 Jan 2018, 15:09

Translated from a French site:

"Drawing the Dog of Spades

First you need to know that five cards (we call them "mistresses") play a special role in this draw. They are: the Jack of Spades (the famous dog of spades), the ace of hearts, the 7 of clubs, the 9 of clover and the card which represents you (according to your kind and your age ).

So we take a set of 32 ordinary cards, mix well, then cut it. Then we have to draw the cards two by two. If one (or two) of the master cards appear in a drawn pair, it is placed on the table as it will be part of the cards retained and interpreted. Continue until the package is exhausted, placing the pairs in different rows, following the order of the draw.

Then we interpret the draw by retaining the meaning of the cards that are coupled with one of the master cards. The master map itself gives the scope or context, but it is the other map of the pairs that provides the predictions. The areas of the master cards are as follows in parentheses: Jack of Spades (surprise), Ace of Heart (house), 7 of clubs (thoughts), 9 of clubs (work)."

Makes sense to me. It's all about the pairings :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

siovale

Post by siovale » 05 Jan 2018, 15:39

CharlotteK wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 15:09
Translated from a French site:

"Drawing the Dog of Spades

First you need to know that five cards (we call them "mistresses") play a special role in this draw. They are: the Jack of Spades (the famous dog of spades), the ace of hearts, the 7 of clubs, the 9 of clover and the card which represents you (according to your kind and your age ).

So we take a set of 32 ordinary cards, mix well, then cut it. Then we have to draw the cards two by two. If one (or two) of the master cards appear in a drawn pair, it is placed on the table as it will be part of the cards retained and interpreted. Continue until the package is exhausted, placing the pairs in different rows, following the order of the draw.

Then we interpret the draw by retaining the meaning of the cards that are coupled with one of the master cards. The master map itself gives the scope or context, but it is the other map of the pairs that provides the predictions. The areas of the master cards are as follows in parentheses: Jack of Spades (surprise), Ace of Heart (house), 7 of clubs (thoughts), 9 of clubs (work)."

Makes sense to me. It's all about the pairings :)
Thank you, Charlotte. I wonder if one could use just the Tarot minors and suit cards for this, too, taking out the Pages, but keeping the Kings, Queens and Knights. What do you think?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 05 Jan 2018, 16:52

Yes I think it could work. Shall we give it a try and compare notes?

I didn't understand the 'set of ordinary 32 cards' part. What deck has 32 cards? Katrinka does this make any sense to you?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

siovale

Post by siovale » 05 Jan 2018, 18:22

CharlotteK wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 16:52

I didn't understand the 'set of ordinary 32 cards' part. What deck has 32 cards? Katrinka does this make any sense to you?
I think the 32 may mean from 7 - 10 plus the Ace of Diamonds, Hearts, Spades, Clubs + the Jack , King and Queen. Might these correspond, then, to the 7, 8, 9, 10 and Ace of Wands (not sure if Diamonds or Clubs?), Cups, Swords and Pentacles (not sure if Diamonds or Clubs?)? Is this possible, Katrinka? Which are the equivalent tarot Diamonds and Clubs?

Sure, Charlotte. Tomorrow? Do you want to use tarot cards instead of playing cards, if we can sort out the corresponding suits? I don't think I have playing cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 05 Jan 2018, 18:32

siovale wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 18:22
CharlotteK wrote:

I think the 32 may mean from 7 - 10 plus the Ace of Diamonds, Hearts, Spades, Clubs + the Jack , King and Queen. Might these correspond, then, to the 7, 8, 9, 10 and Ace of Wands (not sure if Diamonds or Clubs?), Cups, Swords and Pentacles (not sure if Diamonds or Clubs?)? Is this possible, Katrinka? Which are the equivalent tarot Diamonds and Clubs?

Sure, Charlotte. Tomorrow? Do you want to use tarot cards instead of playing cards, if we can sort out the corresponding suits? I don't think I have playing cards.
You're on. See you in the Reading Exchange thread? We can read for each other perhaps? I only have Tarot too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

siovale

Post by siovale » 05 Jan 2018, 21:27

CharlotteK wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 18:32
siovale wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 18:22
CharlotteK wrote:

You're on. See you in the Reading Exchange thread? We can read for each other perhaps? I only have Tarot too.
Got it:
Spades = Swords- air.
Hearts = Cups - water.
Diamonds = Coins/Disks/Pentacles - Earth.
Clubs = Wands/Batons - Fire.

So, if I understand correctly:

The "mistress" cards are:
10 of Swords = occurrence/event or news in the evening
Knight of Swords = sudden facts (developing quickly)
Ace of Cups = the querent's home
7 of Wands = the querent's feelings
9 of Wands = the querent's job/career

The Queen of Wands represents me.

Charlotte, which card represents you?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 06 Jan 2018, 02:32

siovale wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 21:27
Got it:
Spades = Swords- air.
Hearts = Cups - water.

Queen of Wands for me too please. And I think we should use the whole deck or at least all the pips and courts / minors?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

siovale

Post by siovale » 06 Jan 2018, 10:32

CharlotteK wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 02:32
siovale wrote:
Got it:
Spades = Swords- air.
Hearts = Cups - water.

Queen of Wands for me too please. And I think we should use the whole deck or at least all the pips and courts / minors?
So, we'll use 52 cards which, I believe, is the usual number of a full ordinary playing deck? Where should we post our readings and follow up ideas?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 06 Jan 2018, 12:01

siovale wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 10:32
CharlotteK wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 02:32
siovale wrote:
Got it:
Spades = Swords- air.
Hearts = Cups - water.

So, we'll use 52 cards which, I believe, is the usual number of a full ordinary playing deck? Where should we post our readings and follow up ideas?
Let's take it here

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown » 06 Jan 2018, 20:29

I'm pretty sure the 32 cards are a piquet deck, which, as siovale rightly surmised is the full deck minus the twos through sixes. The Lenormand, viewed as playing cards, adds in the sixes.

I was very interested to see how similar this spread is to something I just discovered callled the Comte de Mellet where you do a not dissimilar two handed draw (minors left, majors right) and generate pairs according to some rules. The CdM is, according the Mary K Greer and others, the single oldest tarot spread to appear in print (1781), so I'm guess the CdP is also quite old.

ETA: In very briefly perusing some French sites that I didn't bother to fully translate, it seems that there are different notions about what the mistress cards are. Yours seem plenty good to me, though.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”