Re-Charging a Deck

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
Joan Marie

Re-Charging a Deck

Post by Joan Marie » 25 Jul 2017, 10:58

Do you ever feel sometimes like a good old faithful deck is no longer speaking to you?

Is there some kind of ritual you do to bring it back? Maybe take it out for a nice dinner?
No seriously, is there a way to sort of re-charge a deck?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Re: Re-Charging a Deck

Post by theFeeLion » 25 Jul 2017, 17:10

I don't have any experience with this myself but maybe you could try a new deck interview? It may have changed the way it speaks to you? Just a thought anyway :trans1:
♡ Fee
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie » 25 Jul 2017, 17:16

theFeeLion wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 17:10
It may have changed the way it speaks to you? Just a thought anyway :trans1:
♡ Fee
That's interesting. I hadn't thought of that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 25 Jul 2017, 17:19

I usually put this down to me, not the deck. I like to reorder all the cards and then go through them one by one, really looking at them, looking to see what I haven't properly seen for a while, trying to reconnect with the imagery and the deck's 'voice'.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sibylline

Post by Sibylline » 07 Aug 2017, 20:44

I reiki my cards and put them down for awhile with a quartz crystal. Sometimes my decks just get sick of me pestering them all the time and need a vacation. :32(18):

Usually, I find that when a deck that runs out of juice means I need a different deck for the questions I'm asking.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 09 Aug 2017, 16:23

You won't like to hear this story ;-)

I once gave one of my decks for some time to a friend - I have no problem sharing things, including tarot cards. (That's also why I like 2nd hand things)

She didn't have a deck of her own and no money, so I gave her a book and lent her a deck until her birthday - when I gave a her a brandnew deck and took back my old one.

I knew by then that this poor deluded friend did all the things I really don't believe in - she tried to spy on a guy using my deck and asked about him frantically, again and again, and had of course only muddled answers ("Nemia, your deck doesn't work").

Well well, when I had my dear old deck back in my hands, I knew that I needed to do something drastic to make it feel MINE again.

So I trimmed it and edged it and for quite some time, only shuffled and re-ordered it. I left it in the air and sun, put it with crystals and made a new bag for it - and then I did a deck interview as if the deck was new.

Since then, the deck has re-gained its wonderful precision. Sorry if I anthropomorphize (??? did I just invent a new word????) this deck but you know the feeling one can develop for a deck. It was misused, like a book pushed on the spine.

Oh, and that friend is no longer a friend, either, because she wanted to pump me about That Guy, too.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tanga

Post by Tanga » 25 Aug 2018, 20:33

Nemia wrote:
09 Aug 2017, 16:23

...Oh, and that friend is no longer a friend, either, because she wanted to pump me about That Guy, too.....
Ewwww! Nemia!
I would have reacted similarly. Lol.

I've never lent any deck to a friend...
Books yes.

I've never felt the need to "re-charge" one.
After readings I will re-shuffle to aid random re-ordering and to be doing something that
disconnects myself from the reading just done.
I do get Tarot burnout - or go off the artwork/style of a deck - and then it goes in the big plastic box where they all live until I feel like fishing it out again.

I do "dedicate" decks - and I have "cleansed" second hand decks that I've bought.

I am Wiccan and love ritual. I enjoy inventing them.
So the above will all follow a Wiccan format which includes casting a circle, calling the 4 elements, sometimes invoking a being of some sort and saying some chant that I've usually made up for the purpose. The cards will then sit on my Altar for a chosen duration...
“Be Still, like a mountain; Flow, like a deep river” Lao Tsu

~ Allow Yourself To Be Who You Are ~

Mitakuye Oyasin - “my brothers and sisters - all life is connected”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 26 Aug 2018, 11:33

I just figure the problem is with me, not the deck. Maybe I need to "recharge" myself by doing something entirely different. In the past I've set the cards aside and spent time with other methods of divination, or started a new tarot or astrology book. I don't do any kind of "recharging" of the cards, not even putting them back in "out-of-the-box" order (unless I drop them and they scatter far-and-wide).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”