What was your first deck?

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
JankaV

Re: What was your first deck?

Post by JankaV » 10 Aug 2017, 16:06

Aquarian Deck...still doesn't work for me for readings but it was my first so I still have it. Bought it...2002ish? I like the aesthetic but we never really connected. My next deck was Haindl or Maxwell Universal. Of all 3, I make out best with Maxwell but I tend to use other decks now (RWS/Anna K)

Sent from my Alcatel_5054O using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Cocobird55

Post by Cocobird55 » 13 Aug 2017, 11:12

1JJSwiss --
I am who I take the time to become.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HeKatesXing

Post by HeKatesXing » 14 Aug 2017, 21:53

I began my Tarot journey with a Celtic Tarot, The Minors were pips and it was a terrible deck to learn with... I tried RWS for a while and struggled to get my head around the meanings..
One day I picked up Native American Tarot by Magda Weck Gonzales and my friend sat there with her mouth open as the words just flew from my mouth i regards to the spread laid out.,she suddenly grabbed her deck back off me and told me to go buy my own, hence I did and I have had it ever since ... and still love working with it...
So to me NAT is truly the fist deck I ever had that I could comfortably work with in readings for others....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JankaV

Post by JankaV » 15 Aug 2017, 00:21

HeKatesXing wrote:I began my Tarot journey with a Celtic Tarot, The Minors were pips and it was a terrible deck to learn with... I tried RWS for a while and struggled to get my head around the meanings..
One day I picked up Native American Tarot by Magda Weck Gonzales and my friend sat there with her mouth open as the words just flew from my mouth i regards to the spread laid out.,she suddenly grabbed her deck back off me and told me to go buy my own, hence I did and I have had it ever since ... and still love working with it...
So to me NAT is truly the fist deck I ever had that I could comfortably work with in readings for others....
Aw, I love this story. It's just as interesting to hear which deck you could first comfortably read with. I wonder if I'll ever find the deck. I stopped looking bc...damn it's an expensive pursuit!

Sent from my Alcatel_5054O using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HeKatesXing

Post by HeKatesXing » 15 Aug 2017, 00:39

yes it is expensive even finding that deck I continued to check out new decks and found my readings improved with the different decks once I took time to study each deck carefully ....
hence why i love some of the free downloads available plus I ended up creating a few decks myself ... I have started to add My Tarot deck here ..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Wolfy James

Post by Wolfy James » 02 Sep 2017, 11:54

My mother was into cartomancy when I was a kid, and my father bought a tarot deck, a Tarot de Marseille, which is the most common tarot decks found here in Quebec Canada. I found the Tarot de Marseille fugly and unappealing, and became persuaded all the tarot decks were variations of the Tarot of Marseille so I stopped being excited about tarot. I was out shopping in downtown with a friend in a big bookstore and I accidentally bumped into the new age section and I saw a tarot deck there, I found the cover so beautiful and mesmerizing that I wanted it. It was the french version of the Enchanted Tarot (Zerner & Farber), and since it was a bookset (50$) it was too expansive and did not have the money to buy it. So I said my farewell to the tarot deck and left. I saw the tarot deck months later in the subway that I was using almost daily, there was a small bookstore there and they had a few tarot decks in their window that day, including the Enchanted Tarot, I instantly recognized the beautiful cover so I made a detour there to buy the Enchanted Tarot since I had the money this time, so I came back home with my tarot deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MissChiff

Post by MissChiff » 04 Sep 2017, 19:12

The Thoth was my first...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

greycats

Post by greycats » 05 Sep 2017, 06:16

The first deck I used was Hoi Polloi ; the first I owned was Rider Waite Smith.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mee-Wah

Post by Mee-Wah » 11 Sep 2017, 17:47

My first deck was a deck of regular playing cards. I was 11 when I discovered I could read with them. That was the most awesome experience I can remember from that time.

Later, Zolar's New Astrological Tarot Fortune Telling Cards, which dates from the 1960s & is still available. It is a double-sided deck with Major Arcana & astrological symbols on one side of the deck; minor arcana & playing card symbols on its other side. I ignored the Tarot symbolism because the astrological symbols & numbers appealed & resonated

But my first Tarot deck was the Rider-Waite-Smith when I was a teenager, & I belatedly realized that I recognized many of its cards from the Zolar deck. The rest, is history. Though I also use runes & other methods since.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chongjasmine

Post by chongjasmine » 27 Sep 2017, 02:48

Mine was the RWS deck.
I bought it together with a for dummy book.
For God so loves the world that He gives His son Jesus that whoever belives in Jesus shall not perish but have eternal life.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”