What was your first deck?

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Re: What was your first deck?

Post by theFeeLion » 27 Sep 2017, 06:17

My first deck was Brian Froud's Faeries Oracle. I've had it off and on for around 15 years or so. Its still my go-to deck especially if I don't feel like puzzling through a tarot reading. I always find it gives great readings :icon_mrgreen:

My first tarot deck was Brian Williams Rennaissance Tarot. I really need to get the companion book for that one! I feel like I'm missing out on so much not having it!
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 » 05 Oct 2017, 21:54

Hello, new here :wave:

My first deck -and primary deck up until now- was a traditional Marseilles...

I remember reading in an Enciclopedia a small entrance on Tarot cards accompanied by pictures of 5 cards. I was mesmerized with the Medieval-esque drawings and the caption that read something like "cards of unknown origin used for divination".
Later I found a cartomancy book on the discount section of a library, so I saved a few weeks and bought it (I was 11-12 at the time, so my allowance went there)...
After reading the book I started practicing (mostly with classmates) with a mock-up deck I made by photocopying and coloring the line-art of the cards on the book...
Since there, I have never bought a mass-produced deck. I find the images and then print and cut them myself :trans17:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

2dogs
Global Moderator

Post by 2dogs » 06 Oct 2017, 00:52

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: .

Colouring your own cards like that seems a good idea, it's personalising and focussing your energy on them and must make you pay attention to all the details :icon_cool: .
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tarotbear

Post by tarotbear » 06 Oct 2017, 09:18

I don't remember - too long ago! :icon_eek:
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Canid

Post by Canid » 13 Feb 2018, 18:10

CharlotteK wrote:
05 Aug 2017, 04:19
Nemia wrote:Thoth, the AGM blue box with three magi. Later I bought a large greenie and trimmed both - but my good old pocket sized first Thoth still goes with me wherever I go.
Nemia, did you do anything with the extra Magi? I have two of these old blue box ones with extra magi and I have read they were 'fillers' and not worth reading with. I wondered if you'd found another use for them?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
You could use it like some people use that extra card in Hanson Roberts, as a sort of wild card, which you would need to assign a meaning to beforehand. An enhancement of other surrounding cards perhaps, sorta like the Sun does only amplified? For Good or ill? Up to you. Oh, All Souls, I think.
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”