What kind of reader are you?

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
2dogs
Global Moderator

Re: What kind of reader are you?

Post by 2dogs » 08 Oct 2017, 01:06

I read Crowley & Duquette but they didn't gel with me. Having read a few books with conflicting ideas it's almost like any system will do for card reading as long as you stick with that one - as if the right meanings appear based on the system you're using.
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 » 12 Oct 2017, 15:34

Basic meanings of the cards and some intuition, for example, I use the direction the character of the card is looking at (left, right, front) and to what other card are they looking, I find that specially usefull with court cards (that tend to represent other people).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Geekuma

Post by Geekuma » 04 Dec 2017, 20:59

Well I'm still learning, so I'm not in a place to choose what kind of reader I am (beggars can't be choosers, they say). What kind of reader I'd like to be when I become a "full fledged tarot reader" would be the kind that sees the classic meanings of the cards but using his intuition is able to pluck from the giant pool of possible meanings the one that corresponds to the querent situation. For me it's all about intuition, harnessing it, training it, using it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

katrinka

Post by katrinka » 08 Dec 2017, 21:29

Geekuma wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 20:59
Well I'm still learning, so I'm not in a place to choose what kind of reader I am (beggars can't be choosers, they say). What kind of reader I'd like to be when I become a "full fledged tarot reader" would be the kind that sees the classic meanings of the cards but using his intuition is able to pluck from the giant pool of possible meanings the one that corresponds to the querent situation. For me it's all about intuition, harnessing it, training it, using it.
I think you'll do OK.
You mention the classic meanings of the cards, and that's where authentic intuition comes from - knowing something backwards and forwards, the way a crack mechanic can listen to your car run and know everything that's wrong with it, or the way a mother knows her baby is getting sick when nobody else can see it. ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Geekuma

Post by Geekuma » 08 Dec 2017, 22:09

katrinka wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 21:29

I think you'll do OK.
You mention the classic meanings of the cards, and that's where authentic intuition comes from - knowing something backwards and forwards, the way a crack mechanic can listen to your car run and know everything that's wrong with it, or the way a mother knows her baby is getting sick when nobody else can see it. ;)
That's nice to hear! I'm trying to really get serious about tarot, and I'm thinking about going pro. But first, I'm going to need a lot of practice. This is where this forum comes, in my plans. Also, a really good way to talk to other people who are into tarot, as my friends are getting tired of my incessant blabbering about tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”