Do you carry a deck with you always?

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
2dogs
Global Moderator

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by 2dogs » 10 Jul 2017, 00:53

I don't, it's bad enough having pockets full of keys, wallet and phone. I can also get away with listening to music at work, but Tarot reading might be pushing it ;) .
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 10 Jul 2017, 13:50

The Morgan Greer in a tin is what goes with me in my handbag everywhere, always. I rarely get it out but I like knowing it's there. Sometimes I have Deck of the Bastard in its matching zipped pouch in my bag too. The pouch is nice and padded, so the deck is protected well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

think

Post by think » 10 Jul 2017, 14:33

I usually have a deck with me, if I have a proper bag. I probably have a couple in the car as well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Wheel of Fantastic

Post by Wheel of Fantastic » 10 Jul 2017, 17:48

I think this is the appropriate topic to ask this.

I'm intrigued as personally I don't take a deck out with me; for those that do, what circumstances would make you do a reading?

This doesn't include professional face-to-face readings, rather those of you that slip a deck into a pocket or bag - what causes you to do a reading and how often? :ugeek: :?:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 10 Jul 2017, 18:38

Wheel of Fantastic wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 17:48
I think this is the appropriate topic to ask this.

I'm intrigued as personally I don't take a deck out with me; for those that do, what circumstances would make you do a reading?

This doesn't include professional face-to-face readings, rather those of you that slip a deck into a pocket or bag - what causes you to do a reading and how often? :ugeek: :?:
I might get the cards out if I'm on a train. Or in a cafe. Occasionally at work I've gone off to find a small room to make a phone call in and pulled a one carder. But the reality for me is the deck doesn't come out very often.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 12 Jul 2017, 00:10

I carry my huge New World Spirit.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 12 Jul 2017, 01:09

I usually use the deck to study it when I'm sitting in a cafe or the train - put all the minors that are associated with one planet, or all the cards of one number, or all the cards with children etc. Or just to sort and shuffle, something I really like to do. Sometimes someone asks for a reading :-)

If I do a reading on the spot, for example before an unpleasant meeting at work, it's usually just one card. Or I take one card for affirmation before, usually the Sun or Chariot, to take the positive and strong energy with me.

Very often, the deck(s) just sit in my bag and I'm glad I have it with me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mindful Tarot

Post by Mindful Tarot » 17 Jul 2017, 00:30

I always do... Something small, and it rotates. Was my Jodo-Camoin mini for about a month; has also been various tarots in a tin. These days I'm developing "Mindful Tarot" reading techniques, and experimenting with decks that are trimmed to be more oracle than tarot (names and numbers removed). I use these decks for readings with folks who aren't necessarily interested in tarot - as a way to help them mindfully explore their present moment experiences. I've been trading off with a very trimmed Raven's Prophecy and a highly trimmed bootleg copy of the Wild Unknown (could never chop up one of Kim Krans' legit editions!) Both decks now are about bridge size. Love 'em!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Falkor

Post by Falkor » 18 Jul 2017, 11:11

Yes.

My Faeries tarot is always with me. Somehow it claimed me and demanded to be in my bag. I really have no idea how. But it's inside and made it a home already =]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 18 Jul 2017, 12:26

Nice new Avatar Falcor :)

I always have Morgan Greer in a Tin in my bag. It doesn't come out often, maybe on a train or in a cafe but I don't get them out when lots of people can see me, I'm quite private like that, and I'd die I'd someone I don't know asked for a reading! But I like having a deck on me and knowing that I could do a quick reading if I wanted to.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

ETA: I had forgotten I'd already answered this thread At least I was consistent...
Last edited by CharlotteK on 18 Jul 2017, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”