Do you carry a deck with you always?

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
User avatar
Pleiades
Posts: 32
Joined: 03 Aug 2017, 08:05
Location: In between

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by Pleiades » 04 Sep 2017, 03:05

Usually, unless I think I am going to be badgered for readings in an environment not conducive or I know I will be busy. I often get asked for readings down the pub but it gets sooo loud even for just conversation.

I usually carry a Waite Smith mini, but can anybody recommend a good Marseilles mini? they all seem so big.
I like the collectible reproductions but they are all limited editions so I don't want to ruin them.
All the stories I have ever heard and am yet to hear are alive in me, all at once, and at all times.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
CharlotteK
Posts: 987
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 16:59

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by CharlotteK » 04 Sep 2017, 03:17

Pleiades wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 03:05
Usually, unless I think I am going to be badgered for readings in an environment not conducive or I know I will be busy. I often get asked for readings down the pub but it gets sooo loud even for just conversation.

I usually carry a Waite Smith mini, but can anybody recommend a good Marseilles mini? they all seem so big.
I like the collectible reproductions but they are all limited editions so I don't want to ruin them.
Lo Scarabeo have done a mini Burdel.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN ... aeclectic/

I think perhaps there may also be a mini Jodorowsky?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator
Posts: 997
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 00:14
Location: So Cal, USA

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by Charlie Brown » 05 Sep 2017, 03:20

Pleiades wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 03:05
but can anybody recommend a good Marseilles mini? they all seem so big.
The Maria Celia—a modern Marseille style deck—is coming out soon as part of the US Games 'Tarot In A Tin' series.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
CharlotteK
Posts: 987
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 16:59

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by CharlotteK » 05 Sep 2017, 17:12

Charlie Brown wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 03:20
Pleiades wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 03:05
but can anybody recommend a good Marseilles mini? they all seem so big.
The Maria Celia—a modern Marseille style deck—is coming out soon as part of the US Games 'Tarot In A Tin' series.
Ah yes, how could I have forgotten about the Maria Celia in a tin!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
greycats
Posts: 18
Joined: 06 Jul 2017, 14:29

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by greycats » 06 Sep 2017, 01:46

I keep a deck available in my car which is enough most times. It's usually a deck that's familiar and reliable, but not one that would be difficult to replace should it grow legs. :icon_e_biggrin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Pleiades
Posts: 32
Joined: 03 Aug 2017, 08:05
Location: In between

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by Pleiades » 07 Sep 2017, 10:14

Thank you Charlie Brown - I will check those out :)
All the stories I have ever heard and am yet to hear are alive in me, all at once, and at all times.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
SEELE-01
Posts: 123
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 01:49

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by SEELE-01 » 05 Oct 2017, 23:07

I used to carry around a 2"x4" Marseilles, but then lost the custom...
Kept the cards stored away in the back of a drawer and forgot about them... They're in terrible condition now... Any suggestions on how to relief (as in "honourably dispose of") the deck?

I may make a new mini deck to have with me, as my primary deck is a rather large one...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
tarotbear
Posts: 103
Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 15:10
Location: New England
Contact:

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by tarotbear » 06 Oct 2017, 09:16

I have a mini RWS in the glove box (Do they still call it that? Does anyone put their gloves in there?) of my car.
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
2dogs
Global Moderator
Posts: 876
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 11:05

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by 2dogs » 08 Oct 2017, 01:29

SEELE-01 wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 23:07
I used to carry around a 2"x4" Marseilles, but then lost the custom...
Kept the cards stored away in the back of a drawer and forgot about them... They're in terrible condition now... Any suggestions on how to relief (as in "honourably dispose of") the deck?

I may make a new mini deck to have with me, as my primary deck is a rather large one...
Would they look interesting, aged and mysterious, if you scanned them and printed them out again as new cards?
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Michael Sternbach
Site Admin
Posts: 556
Joined: 06 Jul 2017, 06:13

Re: Do you carry a deck with you always?

Post by Michael Sternbach » 08 Oct 2017, 13:22

When I happen to get into a conversation with people interested in Tarot, what I like to do for them besides a quick one-card draw is telling them their personal cards and annual card based on their date of birth. This usually leaves them rather impressed by the accuracy of the cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply

Return to “Cartomancy”