I charged my newest deck under the eclipse!

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
eolian

I charged my newest deck under the eclipse!

Post by eolian » 23 Aug 2017, 08:32

I have a "2016 Deck of sorrows" from seven stars. I traveled about 80 miles to be in the path of totality staying at my brother-in-laws house. When I took my deck out of its storage box.
Lo and behold when I turned the deck over to spread it out on a deck rail...the moon card was on top! I think my deck like the idea!

Any others do this too? Or what did you charge? A good friend who went with us charged her moonstone necklace.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

2dogs
Global Moderator

Re: I charged my newest deck under the eclipse!

Post by 2dogs » 23 Aug 2017, 09:44

It definitely sounds like fun, hopefully you had a good view of the eclipse.
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

eolian

Post by eolian » 01 Sep 2017, 01:08

I would of thought more people would of done this? Ummm... Interesting.

I have gotten into quite a few conversations on Reddit about how I feel the deck connects with the beyond to give me the answers I seek " I seem to be in the minority on that view"
While the general consensus is the answers come from the reader not the deck. I have different decks for types of questions being ask. I won't do a reading about a relationship with a dark deck anymore since to me it reveals the problems the couple will face.
But anyway that's my view. On Reddit I was once called bizarre! lol I kind of liked that. :64(26):

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Geekuma

Post by Geekuma » 04 Dec 2017, 22:21

Well I do think the deck has something to do with the readings, but I think the reader has a lot more. I guess that, the way I see it, certain decks make you channel certain aspects of a situation, based on how you perceive them... But I'm by no means an expert, so I dunno. And charging them definitely helps, any way you see it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

2dogs
Global Moderator

Post by 2dogs » 05 Dec 2017, 01:28

Having got the best readings from fact decks never intended for divination, guide books not following the system of the Tarot decks creator, and after seeing Mrs 2dogs and myself cut a chosen card straight out of a deck, I'm leaning towards a power of intention in the reader that somehow lets them pick the card which will contribute the appropriate meaning as they see it at the time. This becomes most apparent when drawing cards from several different decks and comparing them :icon_idea: .
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Geekuma

Post by Geekuma » 05 Dec 2017, 19:13

2dogs wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 01:28
Having got the best readings from fact decks never intended for divination, guide books not following the system of the Tarot decks creator, and after seeing Mrs 2dogs and myself cut a chosen card straight out of a deck, I'm leaning towards a power of intention in the reader that somehow lets them pick the card which will contribute the appropriate meaning as they see it at the time. This becomes most apparent when drawing cards from several different decks and comparing them :icon_idea: .
That's a very sound point of view, if I dare say so

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

katrinka

Post by katrinka » 08 Dec 2017, 21:12

I'm always up for a road trip. :icon_e_biggrin:

But, by my lights, I don't do anything during an eclipse. Remember, an eclipse obscures the light. The ancients were scared to death of them, more often than not.

I'd be interested to know what effect it has, if any. But it's not something I would do.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 11 Dec 2017, 01:19

katrinka wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 21:12
I'm always up for a road trip. :icon_e_biggrin:

But, by my lights, I don't do anything during an eclipse. Remember, an eclipse obscures the light. The ancients were scared to death of them, more often than not.

I'd be interested to know what effect it has, if any. But it's not something I would do.
I would say that it could make the deck amazing for doing shadow work with, or for looking at the shadowed/unseen part of a situation...?
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”