How do you store your cards?

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
kyan

Re: How do you store your cards?

Post by kyan » 21 Mar 2018, 05:12

^^^ perfect solution! easy access, too... brilliant :thumbup:

(that’s also a great bathroom storage idea... for makeup, hair supplies and other toiletries!)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 21 Mar 2018, 11:15

kyan wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 05:12

(that’s also a great bathroom storage idea... for makeup, hair supplies and other toiletries!)
LOl I also have one hanging in my bathroom for such purpose.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 25 Mar 2018, 17:54

Belinda2 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 11:15
kyan wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 05:12

LOl I also have one hanging in my bathroom for such purpose.
they really do serve multiple functions.... my dad had a canvas one hanging in the garage for random things like extension cords, garden implements, car washing sponges, hose attachments and other smaller tools.

i don't think i've ever met anyone that actually uses them for shoes!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 26 Mar 2018, 17:29

:icon_lol:

That's wonderful, Belinda! It shows off the decks so nicely. Beautiful idea.

I have by now perfected my system, put the decks in their (still ugly, can't afford to buy something better) plastic drawers in crochet bags with name stickers - but I organized them now by element. Each deck of course is made of all four elements but some have more affinity with a certain element.

I made lists, printed them and put them in the drawer, too. So now it's really easy to find each deck.

Sometimes I'm tempted to put them all back into their original boxes because keeping them all is taking up space too - and I can't throw them out - but I simply prefer the ease of opening a crochet bag. No flimsy boxes with peeling edges! I don't know....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 26 Mar 2018, 18:51

It seems like you are doing a good job of organizing your decks, and the plastic is OK it's not unsightly or anything. Let's face it using the pockets where you should be storing your shoes, well that's ugly but I myself don't care, it's practical for now at least.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 26 Mar 2018, 19:11

nemia, your plastic boxes are a convenient solution but it doesn't do justice to your lovely crocheted bags and tarot collection! altho you can sort of see them through the plastic. but still.. i can't help but think that your wonderful collection deserve something more!

i envision a japanese tansu chest. something with drawers at the bottom for decks and sliding panels up top that reveal more drawers and shelves inside... for treasured or featured decks and cards, crystals perhaps and other accoutrements...

your cards and bags, in that lovely aromatic kiri wood (helps keeps critters at bay) with dark burnished metal fixtures against that antique, richly grained golden wood -- that's what your cards deserve!

:have_a_nice_day:

but yes, practicality is paramount... especially when space is tight. i'm storing my growing deck collection (FIVE now! lol) in a sturdy, golden brown amazon box, kept under the bed... :D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 27 Mar 2018, 00:07

:icon_lol: I made it practical - and one day I'll make it beautiful, too! But first we have to pay the rent and some other minor irritants... ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 27 Mar 2018, 03:36

fair enough! furniture follows function, i suppose. :icon_e_wink:

my elderly tarot friend keeps the majority of his deck collection in an old wooden chest — these are the decks that he hardly ever uses.

i can see why, too... i peeked inside the other day and saw the tarot of fire and the shaman tarot. (tarot del fuego and the tarot de los chamanes — both by lo scarabeo.) such bizarre decks! does anyone wanna trade? he’s never even used them.

the cards he uses often are either left out on tables or they’re stuffed into a kitschy “i love lucy” purse that he found at a thrift store. it’s so weird to see him (he’s a large, masculine man) walk across the room carrying this handbag, with its photo printed depiction of the wide eyed, red haired comedienne. he’ll sit down, put the purse on his lap, then reach in and pull out the klimt or cosmic tarot.

he’a stashed a large, very clear quartz crystal in there as well. “to keep the cards company,” he says. :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”