Your first experience reading for others?

Discussions On How We Use Cards For Divination
chongjasmine

Your first experience reading for others?

Post by chongjasmine » 27 Sep 2017, 11:07

What is your first experience like, reading for others?
Me, I remembered I read for my dad and he told me my reading wasn't accurate and it was so discouraging for me.
It was my first reading for others and it wasn't accurate.
I wanted to give up tarot there and then.
But I persevere, and other readings came and they were more accurate.
And my confidence grew... by a little.
I am still nervous when giving a face to face reading for others.
Which is why I tend to do online readings.
Enough about me. What about you?
What is your first experience like, reading for others?
For God so loves the world that He gives His son Jesus that whoever belives in Jesus shall not perish but have eternal life.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

2dogs
Global Moderator

Re: Your first experience reading for others?

Post by 2dogs » 27 Sep 2017, 12:46

It must have been on the old Aeclectic Tarot forum. I started by reading for myself then discovered the forum and it was great to practice reading for other people and get the helpful feedback. I can't remember what the first one was like though, probably not great but I must have been encouraged to carry on.
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Carojulie

Post by Carojulie » 17 Jan 2018, 14:25

Hello !

I remember one of my first readings for someone else. I am not sure it was my very first though, I cant remember precisely.
Anyway. I had told a few friends that I was learning and was wishing to try my hand at reading, in exchange for a helpful, critique feedback that would help me refine my craft. I really insisted on how I needed the help and the feedback.
One "friend of a friend" (someone I did not really know) litteraly jumped on the occasion, being all like "Me ! me ! me ! read for me !" and coming with questions, so I did a reading for her. I remember how carefuly I did the reading, and how long it took, several days ! I laid my cards, took pictures, changed the light so the pictures would look better, wrote an essay about each card and how they inter-related to each other, went out of my way to find books and find information about different symbols, to make the reading more "meaty", re-read my essay, made changes to it.... after at least three days I was happy with my reading and I sent it to this girl, with the pictures. I included a little note with my reading, to remind her how I needed her impressions and feedback so I could make progress. Nothing happened. Several days passed. Nothing. More days. Still nothing. Eventually, I called her to ask if she had received the reading. She said "Yes, yes, thank you ! Made total sense ! Bye !" and that was it.
I felt let down... and I was pissed.
A common friend later told me that this girl was open to more readings from me, since I was looking for practice, but I did not want to re-do this experience with this particular person !

Luckily, after that I also gave other readings (to different people) and I received more constructive feedback ! Lol !

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 17 Jan 2018, 16:15

Hmm, that was a looong time ago! I think it was for the hostess at a party I attended in the mid-'70s. She was more interested in telling vulgar - and very funny - jokes - than in having a reading, so it wasn't very memorable.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tanga

Post by Tanga » 25 Aug 2018, 20:09

:icon_e_biggrin: I took a Tarot course at the College of Psychic Studies (London) - and
we had reading for the public towards the end of the course. I don't remember reading
for other people before that - I think I just read for myself... :icon_e_geek: :icon_e_geek:
“Be Still, like a mountain; Flow, like a deep river” Lao Tsu

~ Allow Yourself To Be Who You Are ~

Mitakuye Oyasin - “my brothers and sisters - all life is connected”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Cartomancy”