The Faerie Star (8) by theFeeLion

Share and discuss various card spreads
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

The Faerie Star (8) by theFeeLion

Post by theFeeLion » 05 Jul 2017, 18:06

My first attempt at creating a spread yay! :mrgreen:

This is based on the seven pointed fae star and the correspondences for each point.

I decided to lay the cards out starting from the bottom left point and continuing on as if I was drawing the star. The final card I chose from the base of the deck, I'm not sure why; it just felt right.

*****4*******7
***6***********5
******1*****3

1. The Forrest - The deep dark recesses / undeveloped knowledge/potential
2. The Sun - The Divine Spark that burns within / the Bright Light of Day / the Masculine
3. The Sea - Dreams / Intuition / Emotion
4. The Wind - The Change to be made / how things are moving
5. Magic - The Manifestation / the Magic of the situation
6. Spirit - The Connection to be made. Could also be some advice from your guides.
7. The Moon - The Light in the Dark / the Feminine / healing to be made
8. The Apple - The Whole (an over/under view). This can be taken from the top or bottom of the deck, whichever feels right at the time.
Last edited by theFeeLion on 23 Jul 2017, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Re: The Faerie Star (8)

Post by theFeeLion » 05 Jul 2017, 18:27

Here's some key words that may help for each star point...

The Forest:
Endurance
Perseverance
Practical
Skill/ability
Stable
Wisdom
Knowledge

The Sun:
Procreator of life
Spark of regeneration
Creative
Passionate
Energetic
Determination
Daring
Courage
Faithful

The Sea:
Dreams
Intuition
Emotion
Compassion
Imagination
Without boundaries
Sensitivity
Unstable

Magic:
Parting the veil
Shape-shifting
Wishes
Immortality

The Moon:
The light in the dark
Healing
Feminine

The Wind:
Logic
Justice
Laughter
Music
Communication
Intelligence
Movement
Winds of change

Spirit:
Connection
Unification
Timeless
Alchemy

I originally created this using my Froud Faeries Oracle but I think it would do well with other oracles or tarot too.

As an extra note: whenever I do this spread I make sure to say beforehand that any jumpers will be going directly into position, otherwise it can get a little out of hand! (My faeries can get a bit excitable sometimes lol!)

I would love to see what people think of this and if anyone has any questions about it :D
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

wisevulture

Post by wisevulture » 07 Jul 2017, 02:39

A great spread, especially for your first attempt at making one! I'm not usually a fan of spreads with vague placements but I love how interesting and in-depth this one is and the keywords help clarify the placements well. I'll definitely be trying it soon! It seems like a very intuitive spread that'll help a lot for reading practice.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 07 Jul 2017, 04:41

wisevulture wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 02:39
A great spread, especially for your first attempt at making one! I'm not usually a fan of spreads with vague placements but I love how interesting and in-depth this one is and the keywords help clarify the placements well. I'll definitely be trying it soon! It seems like a very intuitive spread that'll help a lot for reading practice.
Honestly, I'm the same. But I've found that every time I've done this spread the specifics of each point have been slightly different. It's like, because it's associated with faeries it doesn't want to be tied down to any single way of being read. Even the point positions don't need to read in any particular order. You can even put them in different positions, ones that make better sense to you (just to throw another spanner in the works lol). They're all connected one way or another so what does it matter which order they're read or where exactly they sit. Because of all of this, I prefer to think of this spread as Flexible :mrgreen:

I would love to know how you go with it :D

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

FairyPrincess

Post by FairyPrincess » 07 Jul 2017, 13:10

Hi Fee
What a BEAUTIFUL spread....love it!
I know you did some readings on AT on this or similar one....I missed out....will keep an eye out this time for it :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Spreads”