Weekly Situational Blueprint Spread

Share and discuss various card spreads
Barleywine

Weekly Situational Blueprint Spread

Post by Barleywine » 30 Sep 2017, 11:57

I'm in the middle of a test drive of this spread on my blog, if you would like to see examples. Also, if you try it, let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvy6j7m1aomwf ... .pdf?raw-1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Weekly Situational Blueprint Spread

Post by Nemia » 30 Sep 2017, 12:16

That looks very interesting. I'd like to try it with my Deck of the Week - draw the blueprint cards in advance and then see how the daily cards work with them. That would be a nice experiment.

Thank you; my Barleywine folder on my computer is filling up nicely :-)

ETA: I wrote it in the Deck of the Week thread already - this might be an idea to spice up our daily card a bit. (If people in the thread feel experiments don't belong there I'll move it somewhere else.)

I also thought of variations:

- use TWO decks instead of one so the same cards might turn up twice (then it would work like a GT spreadsheet for Lenormand)

- use majors from another deck that suit the astronomical assignations of each weekday to see what kind of synergy develops

Thank you for the idea!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 01 Oct 2017, 10:35

This looks great, I wish I could commit to it on a weekly basis but I fear it's too complex and structured for me for a Deck of Week which I prefer to dip in and out of as I have time, sometimes posting a brief day reading, sometimes just talking about the deck I chose.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 01 Oct 2017, 10:40

Nemia wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 12:16
That looks very interesting. I'd like to try it with my Deck of the Week - draw the blueprint cards in advance and then see how the daily cards work with them. That would be a nice experiment.

Thank you; my Barleywine folder on my computer is filling up nicely :-)

ETA: I wrote it in the Deck of the Week thread already - this might be an idea to spice up our daily card a bit. (If people in the thread feel experiments don't belong there I'll move it somewhere else.)

I also thought of variations:

- use TWO decks instead of one so the same cards might turn up twice (then it would work like a GT spreadsheet for Lenormand)

- use majors from another deck that suit the astronomical assignations of each weekday to see what kind of synergy develops

Thank you for the idea!
If you look at my sample spreads, you'll see that I used the Thoth for the "blueprint" layout and the Tabula Mundi for the "trigger" cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 01 Oct 2017, 14:39

Wow, what a combination!

I'll look at your examples now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 02 Dec 2017, 03:16

I'm thinking about split decks right now. How would it work if I use a deck split into majors and minors - and use the majors for the blueprint, the minors for the daily situation?

No, I think that would be overpowering, a blueprint full of majors. Maybe ONE major for the week could be a - hm, not a blueprint, but a lead?

(Thinking about it because yesterday, I added some lwb-based spreads to my post. I noticed two Lo Scarabeo deck spreads that suggest split deck spreads: for the Golden Tarot of the Tsar and the Book of Thoth Etteilla - and both spreads look interesting.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK » 03 Dec 2017, 05:11

Nemia wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 03:16
I'm thinking about split decks right now. How would it work if I use a deck split into majors and minors - and use the majors for the blueprint, the minors for the daily situation?

No, I think that would be overpowering, a blueprint full of majors. Maybe ONE major for the week could be a - hm, not a blueprint, but a lead?

(Thinking about it because yesterday, I added some lwb-based spreads to my post. I noticed two Lo Scarabeo deck spreads that suggest split deck spreads: for the Golden Tarot of the Tsar and the Book of Thoth Etteilla - and both spreads look interesting.)
I did this a few weeks ago with the TdM Isis version as I have majors only and I really wanted to use it. It was pretty intense. I'm not sure it worked as well as using full deck for blueprint and daily draw. I do struggle to use the majors only decks that I have though.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Spreads”