A Psycard Comparison Table

Moderator: theFeeLion

Barleywine

A Psycard Comparison Table

Post by Barleywine » 23 Sep 2017, 06:17

I just got the Psycards and was immediately struck by how many similarities there are between these cards and both Lenormand and tarot cards. Many of them have identical titles or at least comparable themes; I took the time to create a cross-reference table comparing all three systems for equivalent card titles as well as common keywords and concepts. It's my first draft and I will probably tweak it some. I also posted a deck review on my blog, https://parsifalswheeldivination.com/.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5gppk2ucm4lf ... .pdf?raw=1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

2dogs
Global Moderator

Re: A Psycard Comparison Table

Post by 2dogs » 23 Sep 2017, 09:30

Interesting but then I suppose all these decks ought to contain many similar themes if they're going to be generally relevant. I'd probably try to use them all together in the hope that between them they'd manage to get the intended message across.
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 23 Sep 2017, 23:16

I have had the Psycards for about 3 to 4 years and they are nothing like the Lenormand at all nor Tarot for that matter although it does claim something like "an alternative to Tarot". It is an excellent deck in it's own right that brings something different to the table and is more about self development and looking on the inside etc and can be deep and insightful.

These cards actually tap in to a person on a more Psychological level and are connected to Jung’s Psychotherapy which I like although there are other schools of Psychology that fascinated me more when I studied it.
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 25 Sep 2017, 13:00

DownUnderNZer wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 23:16
I have had the Psycards for about 3 to 4 years and they are nothing like the Lenormand at all nor Tarot for that matter although it does claim something like "an alternative to Tarot". It is an excellent deck in it's own right that brings something different to the table and is more about self development and looking on the inside etc and can be deep and insightful.

These cards actually tap in to a person on a more Psychological level and are connected to Jung’s Psychotherapy which I like although there are other schools of Psychology that fascinated me more when I studied it.
I'm going to have to get the book. The keyword pamphlet says: Moon - intuition, imagination, femininity. Sounds like one interpretation of the tarot Moon to me. The Stars are described as "aspiration;" ditto for the tarot Stars. The Voyage says "a journey," and the picture could be right out of a Lenormand deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 29 Sep 2017, 02:16

The book is a MUST as it really does give in depth information on each card and some cards are not what you would think just off hand going by the image and/or key words etc.

Am going to get a second copy at some point just as a back up or in case it goes out of print.

This is one of the top decks in my choice of three.

DND :)
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 30 Sep 2017, 10:30

I was in contact with Nick Hobson about using card images in my blog. He wanted me to work for him, not realizing I don't live near London. The book directly from him is reasonably priced even with international mailing. From US sources it's ridiculous.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Oracle Decks”