Choosing a wedding date using tarot

Moderator: theFeeLion

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Choosing a wedding date using tarot

Post by theFeeLion » 10 Jan 2018, 05:21

So, I’m planning a wedding. Somehow, between my now fiancé and I, we need to figure out what date to have it. And I’m a bit stuck about which of three dates I have a preference for. (Here’s where the tarot part comes in :icon_e_wink: )

I decided to crunch the numbers to see what cards I would get for each one and got Sun, Strength/Justice (depending on the deck), and Lovers. Huh... still not sure which to go for....

They all seem like pretty decent cards. But I’m not quite sure how to apply them in this situation. I’m also interested in the possible challenges involved in each too (something I’m not overly familiar with quite yet).

Any ideas/help...?
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

CharlotteK
Global Moderator

Re: Choosing a wedding date using tarot

Post by CharlotteK » 10 Jan 2018, 09:23

I suppose you could look at them as outlook cards, but a positive way of viewing it would be to consider what additional qualities each date would contribute to your marriage based on the card.

So the Sun would offer a real joy and happiness into your marriage and bring an enduring sense of being blissfully 'in love' with each other.

Strength would bring to your marriage a real mutual support for one another, kindness and emotional strength that will help you go the distance through the hard times.

Justice will bring you fairness, honesty, altruism, doing the right thing by each other, treating each other with respect and equality.

With the Lovers card I think the contribution to a marriage is the ability of you both to develop as complete people within a deeply loving relationship. To find that bond of true love and be united in marraige whilst also finding the freedom within that union to connect with your own divinity or higher power and unite all aspects of yourself.

I know what I'd choose :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » 10 Jan 2018, 12:23

So, wait, do I understand correctly that you're basing the card on the day of the month and that you didn't draw these cards? I think that's a mistake. If it were me, I'd draw 3 cards for each date: a pro, a con, and sort of gamut card that suggests what factors are going into that pro/con binary.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 10 Jan 2018, 14:48

Charlie Brown wrote:So, wait, do I understand correctly that you're basing the card on the day of the month and that you didn't draw these cards? I think that's a mistake. If it were me, I'd draw 3 cards for each date: a pro, a con, and sort of gamut card that suggests what factors are going into that pro/con binary.
Yes you’re right, I didn’t draw them. I did the same kind of thing as for finding out what someone’s personality or year card would be. It’s the birth of a new part in our relationship and I curious to get an idea of the “personality”. I did it more out of curiosity then as any real decision making tool.

I do like your idea of pulling pros and cons cards :) I think, realistically though, the date will come down to what is available. All three dates are towards the end of wedding season (23rd Feb, 2nd March, and 9th March 2019). I’ve tried to push them out as late as possible because I know how quickly venues etc can book out. I just thought that if I was actually able to choose the date then what would the tarot flavour of each date be?
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 10 Jan 2018, 15:12

Oops! I just realised I calculated one of the dates wrong lol the Strength/Justice card should actually be the Star instead!

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 17 Jan 2018, 23:54

shouldn't your fiancé be part of the card thing since it will be two as one and not one as one. I feel its important.

Luna Jo :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 18 Jan 2018, 00:01

Jo Ann wrote:shouldn't your fiancé be part of the card thing since it will be two as one and not one as one. I feel its important.
Hmm... that’s a point I could add our birthdays to the equation... I didn’t with the original calculations, so those cards are just those day’s cards

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 18 Jan 2018, 00:32

Jo Ann wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 23:54
shouldn't your fiancé be part of the card thing since it will be two as one and not one as one. I feel its important.
So I recalculated using our birthdays and depending on how I do it I get...

date cards + birthday cards = Chariot, Hierophant or World
or
add all the single digits together = Tower, Temperance or Hanged Man

In looking at the card combos for each day I think my favourite would have to be the Star/Hierophant/Temperance combo. I like the hopeful/family/harmony combination :icon_e_biggrin: although please correct me if I'm wrong...

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Tarot Talk”