Do you read professionally?

Moderator: theFeeLion

kyan

Re: Do you read professionally?

Post by kyan » 07 Feb 2018, 15:55

another tip for readers, something i’ve noticed on youtube videos:

don’t say “ummmmm”, “ya know”, and other words repetitively during your reading, as that may cast doubt upon the sitter.

if the sitter is expectant and looks up to you in some way, they are ready and willing to receive — and this makes for a good connection with the cards and the reading.

my friend said (from his experience) that young women who have little or no exposure to the tarot are the best subjects for a face to face reading. he said they glow and their faces light up with wonder and expectancy because the reading usually has a connection to luck and love. there is a mark of a clear and unfettered bond between the sitter and reader.

it’s like a rainbow. 🌈

i would say that anybody even slightly skeptical about tarot would mar the energy and atmosphere of a reading. resistance doesn’t work well with the cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DanielJUK

Post by DanielJUK » 07 Feb 2018, 20:08

I don't read professionally but I can't say I won't ever read professionally. There is so amazing readers out there who do it for money but I really enjoy divination for a hobby and interest. My fear is that if I make it professional, I would lose the love of my hobby! I suffer from health issues and so I like to be able to just take some time out if I don't have the energy or emotional energy to read for others, I got very burnt out reading for other people on AT in 2016 but I do love reading for others! I like to keep it as a amateur hobby for now :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 07 Feb 2018, 20:49

speaking of reading tarot and health issues, i recently found out that some medical professionals use tarot as part of their practice. i guess psychotherapists and counselors use tarot and various other types of oracle cards to supplement their usual sessions.

i imagine these are private counselors and not those working for kaiser or other major medical institutions.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » 17 May 2018, 12:23

I read professionally on a private basis and enjoy every moment of it. I started out reading a lot for family and friends, and when I felt confident that l was hitting the nail on the head, I did with some trepidation, decide to go professional. All went well and word of mouth gave me ongoing sitters.
I love the face to face readings as you can strike up a rapport and get into their energies. Sometimes you need empathy in buckets, sometimes you have to listen and give them a little counselling. Diplomacy is a big factor as you have to be careful when relaying some parts of a reading. But its just a case of putting yourself in their shoes.
My fee has not changed in years, I'm retired now and happy with what I earn, and to see a sitter satisfied with their reading is really priceless for me.
So if you want to do readings professionally do lots of practice with family and friends first, and of course you can do readings here and get some feedback. See it at first as a sideline to your normal work. Your fees can be by the hour or half hour, and base it on a reasonable price that you would be happy to pay yourself. There are those who charge silly money in my opinion. Its quality not quantity.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » 17 May 2018, 12:32

DanielJUK wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 20:08
I don't read professionally but I can't say I won't ever read professionally. There is so amazing readers out there who do it for money but I really enjoy divination for a hobby and interest. My fear is that if I make it professional, I would lose the love of my hobby! I suffer from health issues and so I like to be able to just take some time out if I don't have the energy or emotional energy to read for others, I got very burnt out reading for other people on AT in 2016 but I do love reading for others! I like to keep it as a amateur hobby for now :icon_e_smile:
Lovely to see you here Daniel :wave:
Do not be worried that you would lose your love of tarot, in fact it could increase it. I have read lots and I still love the tarot. With your health issues just do the occasional private readings at home and see how it goes. I do my readings at home, the thought of doing fairs and the like would be too energy sapping for me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Disa

Post by Disa » 25 May 2018, 12:27

I suppose I do read professionally, though it isn't often. The first time I received money for a reading is when I went to an aunt's house who had several friends and family over and she asked me to read for them. I didn't ask for money, I was happy for the practice with face to face readings- when I got home I saw that she had stuffed some cash in my bag. From that day on anytime I go to visit she says to people, if you want a reading pay her.

I do have my own reading site which I started years ago. It was mostly a place for friends and family to give out to people when they wanted to refer them to me. I have had a few strangers pop up and pay for readings there. I could use a few more :)

I started out with very low prices, then I raised them a bit and actually got more business. I guess I get about half of what the readers at the local metaphysical shops charge.

I used to like email readings better, but I think I prefer face to face these days. I haven't done any on skype.

I read for an online company for a short while.It seemed time consuming and very limiting for just a small amount of money and I got burned out very quickly. I also don't want to lose my love of tarot by doing it too often. Tarot is just one small part of what I do, but it all works out for me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Enlightenment23

Post by Enlightenment23 » 13 Sep 2018, 11:48

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on the forum. Nice to meet you all and see some familiar faces.

Yes, I do read professionally by using Fiverr. I blew up amazingly because I offered a few free tarot readings on a non-Tarot board I frequent that has hundreds of thousands of members.

The members that got readings from me were floored and wordspread like wildfire to get readings from me because I aint too shabby. I remember getting swamped with 50 orders that day, and I was overwhelmed!

Long story short, I've slowed down the trickle of orders by raising my prices and I de-stressed myself by limiting the type of questions readers can ask. (Some questions take a lot of energy out of me and I decided to not do them).

I also have a YouTube tarot channel (which I will keep anonymous) that helps me to receive more clients.

All that being said, I do financially well as a tarot reader due to this accidental exposure on the non-tarot forum and my YT channel. Took some adjusting to de-overwhelm myself, but its been good.

Only downside is that Fiverr takes 20% of your earnings I believe.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HeKatesXing

Post by HeKatesXing » 09 Nov 2018, 21:38

Hi ,
My Journey began over 20 + years ago when I was invited to read at a Healthy Living Expo, I knew my time would be limited over the two days and i wanted to help as many as possible ( then I did not realize how many people I would help over those two days ...) I decided as my experiences had been limited to friends and a few word of mouth people who had started to pay for my readings I would do maybe 10 minute readings with just a few cards - between 3 tarot cards and 2 Oracle cards Native American Themed decks working together .. I was blown away I ended up with approx 35 readings in just the two days and everyone was absolutely amazed at the information received ,, so there I decided to be included in monthly Local Psychic fairs and larger yearly Expos, I began to go to people's homes to do readings, I would do in Home parties where they wanted a Reader also to be included, I set up a space at home and began to read from home while the kids were at school, I would go away and be involved with Pagan Festivals, my readings were building as my experience grew.. I eventually decided to create a space in town , but 5 years of basically 7 days a week with a lot of extra expenses with a retail space and a healing centre included It became all a bit much, now I read when I want whether face to face or with email, skype etc my hours now belong to me .. I have learned after 20+ years how easy it is for a Reader to give so much of themselves away that they leave very little time for their family and themselves.
It has been about finding a sense of inner balance within self ....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Tarot Talk”