The Gospel of Aradia

Moderator: theFeeLion

Jo Ann
Founder

The Gospel of Aradia

Post by Jo Ann » 23 Jul 2017, 20:05

Who is this woman Aradia? I never recall hearing about her until i mistakenly bouhgt this. it lovely. I love her work. But what is the deck about?
:32:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Re: The Gospel of Aradia

Post by theFeeLion » 23 Jul 2017, 21:30

I would suggest reading this. It may give you some insight, it may also be completely off... I'm not sure, I've not seen the deck so I'm just guessing :32(20):
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 25 Jul 2017, 14:27

Yes it makes alot of sense. I shall read it then. Thankyou. Oh, if you sign up for beginner circle i will partner you since like more info on stuff.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SteveGus

Post by SteveGus » 25 Jul 2017, 14:54

FWIW, the full text of Charles G. Leland's Aradia, or the Gospel of the Witches is available online.

For what it's worth, anthropological field work was at its infancy, and there's some doubt whether the lore Leland received was manufactured for him by his informer, the witch Maddalena. But if you enjoy Aradia, you probably will also enjoy the same author's Etruscan Roman Remains in Popular Tradition, which is probably a better book to start with, as it will make Aradia much easier to follow.
Le beau valet de coeur et la dame de pique
Causent sinistrement de leurs amours défunts.

- Baudelaire

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 25 Jul 2017, 17:51

hmmm will to check it out. i was surprised because i ha never heard of her. But I have foun out some witches honor her.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 » 22 Jan 2018, 13:49

Jo Ann wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 20:05
Who is this woman Aradia? I never recall hearing about her until i mistakenly bouhgt this. it lovely. I love her work. But what is the deck about?
:32:
Verypretty cards but I have be told that they are not accurate as far as Aradia goes. But I might get them anyway based on what they look like,

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Oracle Talk”