Looking for the devil ?

Moderator: theFeeLion

mr greenwood

Looking for the devil ?

Post by mr greenwood » 21 Apr 2018, 15:08

Hi all, sitting here today in the early spring warmth I got to thinking what if any card could represent the devil in a pack of playing cards. I know of the death card in tarot / ace of spades, but does anyone use a card to represent the devil / temptation, illness , ect, in a pack of cards...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Re: Looking for the devil ?

Post by Barleywine » 05 May 2018, 17:46

In her Illuminated Tarot, a 53-card "glorified" playing-card deck that melds tarot trump meanings with the playing-card suits, Caitlin Keegan gives the 5 of Clubs to the Devil. Nearly all of my cartomancy material refers to this card as "a prudent marriage," so I'm not quite sure where she's coming from. The image shows two solemn faces, some chains and what I assume are the fires of Hades. The companion booklet (which I would call an "LCB") has only the words "5 of Clubs, the Devil, temptation, attachment, control."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mr greenwood

Post by mr greenwood » 07 May 2018, 08:00

Hi, I think were she maybe getting the idea from is the 5 of spades which is often used for anger, illness. To me5 of clubs is more energy, hard work, and exercise. Thanks for reply..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Magickjack

Post by Magickjack » 12 May 2018, 22:04

I would look for the 4, 7, and 8 of spades. 4 and 8 would be more ilness but probably the 7 of spades would be the closest to the devil for me. It's usually about addictions and/or drinking, ect... Maybe throw in the King of spades but that might be pushing it. Obviously, I see the Devil lurking somewhere in the spades.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Playing Card Talk”