The Tarot Bag

Indie, Indie, Indie! A forum for independently published decks and books. Many links to publisher websites lie within.
kyan

The Tarot Bag

Post by kyan »

these are some of the most unusual and beautiful tarot bags i’ve ever seen:

https://www.thetarotbag.com/about

from new zealand, the custom stitched/embroidered and handmade quilted card pouches incorporate the art of your choice on the outside. visit the artist’s gallery to see some of her unique interpretations of tarot cards. i LOVE the deconstructed wabi sabi look and richness of the various colored threads and fabrics she uses to assemble these little works of art!

they start at around $75 usd, which is more than most decks cost by themselves, yet i would think that anybody with a favorite personal deck they cherish, or an antique or family heirloom, would pay even more for such special OOAK items.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Re: The Tarot Bag

Post by Barleywine »

Very nice bags! My favorite tarot bag came from a bottle of bourbon. I keep my rustic Anna K in it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

^^^ nice!!

i remember people using those purple crown royale bags in the seventies. :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Grizabella

Post by Grizabella »

I used to make beaded buckskin card cases. Now I just make card cases for myself out of stiffened felt. I bead them to dress them up somewhat. They're very nice for keeping the cards protected, plus its easy to stack them or stand them on a shelf. They don't come apart like the boxes decks come in and they're quite colorful and interesting to look at.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Barleywine wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 10:05 Very nice bags! My favorite tarot bag came from a bottle of bourbon. I keep my rustic Anna K in it.

The bags that come with Crown Royal are pretty good for deck too. CR's generally a little too light for me but the Northern Harvest Rye is actually pretty good.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

yes, those crown royal bags are definitely lightweight, and i imagine they’re gotten thinner in recent years.

the handcrafted bags shown above are quilted, according to the artist, so they offer good protection. a water resistant liner might be a nice touch, too.

grizabella, i’d love to see the beaded felt card cases you describe! they sound very cool!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

here’s an old pattern for a boxy shaped bag, probably designed for leather, but maybe it would work with a stiff felt. it’s kinda cool in that it doesn’t require any sewing:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links