Nemia's Beautiful Crochet Items

Indie, Indie, Indie! A forum for independently published decks and books. Many links to publisher websites lie within.
kyan

Re: Nemia's Beautiful Crochet Items

Post by kyan »

glad to see this thread show up on the new posts menu!

wow. your forest colors ripple stitch bag is gorgeous... amazing work! what a great way to store the cards. you can even customize the bag to the card backs.

can items be crocheted in cotton or hemp or similar fibers? i ask as i am not a big fan of fuzzy. i’m not sure if crochet requires the yarn to have a certain buoyancy or stretchiness.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Grizabella

Post by Grizabella »

I really, really like this wrap and button style of pouch. I wonder if it's because I've swaddled and diapered so many babies in my life. :icon_lol: It just feels so natural and loving and snug for whatever is inside and I like the wrapping around the button to close it. No, I didn't tie the babies up, though. :icon_eek:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I made sooo many more bags since then. It's easy - by now, it takes two hours and a bag is ready. While I was down with the flu of horrors, I went through my yarn leftovers, and as soon as I could sit up in bed, I started using up every last string in the house :icon_lol:

Picture quality horrible as always... and much of the yarn is not of a very high quality. In our area, it's hard to find good yarn, most people want acrylic etc. When I have the money, I order better quality stuff abroad, but most of the time, I make do with what I have. At least it's easy to wash if too many cats had their nap on a tarot basket ;-) and I make the bags only for myself. When I had the shop, I bought better yarns.

I have this association with snugly wrapped babies, too... and even more so with my dolls. They demanded less than my babies but I took very good care of them, too. They all their little beds and blankets.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

oh, i love 005, the fourth one from the top. what a great gradation of color.

btw, i find the pics are not so blurry and are bigger if you click on them!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I just snapped them after I finished work, no lighting, no background, nothing. When I still had the shop, I made slightly better pictures ... with my old camera... but mostly I just take the pictures to remind myself of what I made, when and how I made it.

Yes, I loved this graduated yarn, King Cole Zig Zag. Might buy another skein...

They sell it also in darker colours...

That was a cruciform wrap I made - swapped it against some nice decks :-)

... and stronger colours, quite nice, too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

oh that cruciform shape, you can use it for a reading! i thought it was a pouch-like case at first. there are such lovely variations in color with those fancy yarns!

i sewed a red raw silk (burgundy really) pouch a long while back, but it’s really too big for a deck. it would probably fit the RWS jumbo, haha. i made it for a crystal but never used it for that. it houses (rather floppily) my universal tarot deck.

when i get a new deck i’ll get some scraps of linen or silk and start sewing again. i don’t have a machine, but a small pouch isn’t too hard to do by hand. i’d like to incorporate some sashiko techniques as well... a decorative type of japanese mending/patchwork.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Ah, I wish I could see that! and I wish I could do it myself! I learned to sew many years ago but don't have a machine and forgot everything I learned.

The cruciform shape is great because it's a pouch and a reading cloth for a simple cross spread - which is just the kind of spread I like ;-) I was so happy when this idea hit me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

agreed, it really is a good spread! so when i saw your wraps opened up, the first thing i thought was, “oh, how convenient!”

hand sewing a deck pouch would be easy due to its size. i may have to find some needle and thread... i’m thinking a new deck would be a good incentive. ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links