Robert M. Place's Alchemical Egg

Indie, Indie, Indie! A forum for independently published decks and books. Many links to publisher websites lie within.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Robert M. Place's Alchemical Egg

Post by Nemia »

Robert M. Place is a big name in tarot, and he is one of the double, even triple talents of the tarot world. He's a tarot scholar and historian whose books are erudite and enlightening - a tarot philosopher and creator who develops his own original and coherent tarot decks - and a tarot artist who brings his own unique, crisp, neo-Classical style to every deck he designs.

Some of his decks are available through the "regular" channels, others are hard to find. His website offers his decks for sale, and a lot of tarot knowledge and wisdom besides. Neo-Platonism, alchemy, kabbalah, tarot history - if your skin tingles expectantly when you read those words, you'll probably like Place's site :-)

I personally have his Angel Tarot (which I use for Nisaba's timing method - if anyone's interested, I'll write about it since Nisaba is not here on ET unfortunately), his brilliant Tarot of Saints with a simply wonderful book, the Alchemical Renewed with another great book, and the Sevenfold Mystery. I also have two of his other tarot-related books. I'm a Robert Place fangirl :-)

Oh, and of course - I also have his Burning Serpent Oracle, and plan on getting his new Jewish-themed deck as well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: Robert M. Place's Alchemical Egg

Post by Michael Sternbach »

The Alchemical is definitely on my wish list, as I have a keen interest in this occult science. :after_boom-002:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Do you have the book? It's great.

I sold my Tarot of the Holy Light but nearly-regret that now. It would be highly interesting to compare the two. AND the original art, much of it can be seen in the nice fat book by Alexander Roos.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

I have three Place decks so far: the Alchemical Renewed 4th Edition, the Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery and the Burning Serpent Oracle. The only book I have is Rachel Pollack's for the last one. As far as reading, the Sevenfold Mystery reads best for me since my alchemical knowledge is thin right now. I just bought a new book to help remedy that, but not Place's.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links