Freder - Duck Soup

Indie, Indie, Indie! A forum for independently published decks and books. Many links to publisher websites lie within.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Freder - Duck Soup

Post by Nemia »

Another AT name I miss sorely! Freder is the creator of Duck Soup tarot decks, and he is in a league of his own. His style is like a mixture of Patrick Valenza and SevenStars: crazy and collaged.

The number of decks on offer is impressive, each of them is totally original, unique and wild. He takes his inspiration from folk traditions like the circus or Punch and Judy shows, but also imagines fortune tellers from remote, long forgotten places and gives them a deck (yes, like Patrick Valenza and Seven Stars do, and the Cult of Weimar deck, too).

I own only one of his deck, the Lombardi Daneggiato, an artifically aged version of the Neo-Classical Gumppenberg. The reason I bought the deck is simple: I fell completely and irrevocably in love with the Devil, IMO the most attractive man on a tarot card ever created. (Go away, you pouty school boys with vampire teeth! No need for you here!)

The whole deck is really aged like hell, and you can feel the fun the artist had when he worked. The difference between the cool elegance of the Gumppenberg and the mad scratching, blotching and discolouring done by Freder is great and gives the deck an inner tension. I'm not one of those purists who dislike artificially aged decks.

Go ahead, look at Freder's decks. This guy must be working so hard, driven on by ideas that nobody else could think of.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DuckSoupProductions

Re: Freder - Duck Soup

Post by DuckSoupProductions »

Duck Soup Productions announces a full roster of beautiful New Releases for Fall 2017.

Available Now: TINKER’S DAMN MANTEGNA. Dark, Beautiful and Eerily Emblematic of the Early 20th Century, this versatile new pack expands on the ancient 50-card Cosmology deck by adding on a whole pantheon of additional elements, including Zodiac, Moon Phase and Totem Animal cards. Use it as a stand-alone deck, or combine it with our stunning TINKER’S DAMN TAROT to create a massive 156 card deck!

Available Now: TRICK OR TAROT LENORMAND, a colorful working Lenormand all done up in our frantically fun “Trick Or Tarot” Halloween style!

Available Now: The newly re-branded HARDWOOD LENORMAND — simple yet elegant vintage style.

Coming Soon: TRICK OR TAROT, our Smashing and Spookifying new Halloween-themed Tarot pack, in two affordable editions. Companion book available now..

Coming Soon: Issue 3 of THE SANCTUM, with articles covering several of our decks and all manner of other interesting subjects, from Astrology to the Paranormal. In paperback and Paperback (B&W) and PDF (Full Color) editions.

Concurrent with the release of the TRICK OR TAROT decks will be the arrival of our Frankly Fabulous Fall Catalog, where you can find all of this and more. Can’t wait for the catalog? Visit www.tarotbyducksoup.com , where it’s all a click or two away.

These projects have been more than a year in the making! Thank you to all my customers for making it possible!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I had your newsletter today and saw the new Mantegna deck - wonderful! If you have news to share with us, you can always do it in the artists' area of the forum.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Tarot Dancer

Post by Tarot Dancer »

I am such a fan of Duck Soup …I have the Tarot of the Zirkus Magi, 1st Ed, Limited to 500 Copies..i love it, it is one of my favorite decks…My birthday is coming up in November and I am planning on getting the The Tragically Comical or Comically Tragic Tarot of Mister Punch as a birthday present to myself...
Dare to Dream
...Dream to dare

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

So Trick or Tarot has landed, later than anticipated which is a shame as it's the perfect Halloween deck, each card resplendent with slightly disturbing looking grinning pumpkin or five. Fantastic quality as you'd expect from Duck Soup Productions.

I had a wonderful 'deck of the week' with Tinker's Damn Tarot a couple of weeks ago so keep coming back to the Mantegna deck. Not that I know how to read it but TDT is a wonderful deck and to be able to expand it is an exciting idea.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I'm sorely tempted.... Freder's decks are just wonderful. He must be such an interesting person! I hear in my mind the old Beatles song "for the benefit of Mr. Kite" when I see his work...

And here is the link to his wonderful wonderful Mantegna deck: http://www.ducksoup.me/p/new-emporium-u ... y=14495080

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links