I - The Magus

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Serpentwand
Global Moderator

I - The Magus

Post by Serpentwand »

Drawn as comment regarding coming back to this forum.

Everyone is unique, with their own particular life experiences, ideas and talents. Don’t hold back out of politeness, follow your own path.

On the sex forum I’ve joined recently I’ve used the name Serpentwand from the anagram of my full name, “Joy high serpent wand”, and here it is on this card. The wand with crossed snakes suggests the interplay and integration of two complementary energies - the conscious and subconscious, intellect and instinct, the light and dark sides of personality.

My current 2dogs username links to a related idea in the quote I found some years ago from Sitting Bull - ”Inside of me there are two dogs. One is mean and evil and the other is good and they fight each other all the time. When asked which one wins I answer, the one I feed the most”. That suggests though that the energies are in a conflict and life is a battle between them which can only have one victor.

I’m not keen on that view of life any more, the phoenix headed rod on this card suggests renewal, burning the old self and starting afresh, a new birth. I feel it would be appropriate to change my username on here as well, reinforce this idea.

Interestingly the avatar I’ve been using here for years is of the planet Mercury, also strongly associated with this card - not an accurate one but an impossible conception from the imagination of an artist in the 1920s, a dream they captured on paper which is still in existence nearly a century later.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: I - The Magus

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Welcome (back) Serpentwand! :icon_mrgreen:

Looking at my own avatar, you can tell I am sympathetic to the way you feel about Hermes' wand and the union of polarities it suggests.

Shall we call this the union of the snake? :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 21:44 Shall we call this the union of the snake? :icon_lol:
After reading Wikipedia that seems very apt. :thumbup:

Lyricist Simon Le Bon (notoriously reticent about explaining his oblique lyrics) hinted in the Duran Duran lyric book The Book of Words that the borderline might be one between the conscious and subconscious minds. In later interviews, he proclaimed that it was a reference to Tantric sex.

The end of the video makes me wonder if you’ve been snooping around and found my other avatar. :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Serpentwand wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 07:38
Michael Sternbach wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 21:44 Shall we call this the union of the snake? :icon_lol:
After reading Wikipedia that seems very apt. :thumbup:

Lyricist Simon Le Bon (notoriously reticent about explaining his oblique lyrics) hinted in the Duran Duran lyric book The Book of Words that the borderline might be one between the conscious and subconscious minds. In later interviews, he proclaimed that it was a reference to Tantric sex.
Interesting! I didn't know that even though I have been a great DD fan back in the day. I even had my hair styled just like Simon's for years.

Pop music in general was quite on the borderline in the 80's.
The end of the video makes me wonder if you’ve been snooping around and found my other avatar. :icon_lol:

OMG, caught in the act! :icon_eek:

Could we agree that the, err, object in your other avatar is a magical wand of sorts? Representing another kind of serpent perhaps?

Remember that there may be children reading this... :icon_e_confused:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 13:09 Could we agree that the, err, object in your other avatar is a magical wand of sorts?
Of course it is, the device was initially named the Hitachi Magic Wand and was manufactured for relieving tension and relaxing sore muscles. This particular version is called a Pink Droid which resonates strangely with another of your recent posts. It just goes to show how everything fits together, like a signpost pointing the way. :icon_arrow:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Serpentwand wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 23:25
Michael Sternbach wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 13:09 Could we agree that the, err, object in your other avatar is a magical wand of sorts?
Of course it is, the device was initially named the Hitachi Magic Wand and was manufactured for relieving tension and relaxing sore muscles. This particular version is called a Pink Droid which resonates strangely with another of your recent posts. It just goes to show how everything fits together, like a signpost pointing the way. :icon_arrow:
I can see how the Pink Droid could be used for releasing tension in certain instances - at least as the final outcome! :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Weirdly I’ve been talking to a charming young lady on another forum where the conversation has led me right back here. Have you seen the 1968 Jane Fonda film Barbarella Michael? I’ve posted this 5 minute clip up for her, but if it’s too boring skip to 4:30 as the bit for you is right at the end. :icon_lol:

Barbarella in the Excessive Machine

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

The gorgeous young and enhanced lady replied ”watching this makes me weak at the knees :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

That’s what I call a magical result. :icon_mrgreen:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links