Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Extended Version)

Moderator: Nemia

DownUnderNZer

Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Extended Version)

Post by DownUnderNZer » 11 Oct 2017, 03:39

QUICKLY & BRIEFLY:

Whatever I wrote for the Gilded Reverie still applies, so no change really.

However, there are a few cards in this deck that are different besides the extra MAN and WOMAN plus the additional bonuses.

Card 18 (Dog) and Card 12 (Birds/Owls) have had a complete make over.There is a new dog and birds on the scene.

The box size is slightly bigger in comparison to the original as well as the cards.

As for the bonus cards themselves I am not sure how relevant they are in the scheme of things although there is one that has two masks (duality) that I could use as person card to represent someone that may have an identity crisis , sexual conflict/deviance, and/or is two faced.

Exquisite artwork as usual.
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Re: Gilded Reverie Lenormand (Extended Version)

Post by DownUnderNZer » 12 Oct 2017, 08:04

I did a practice run with this deck when I had a spare hour today and although I only got BRIDGES in the spread, which is one of the bonus cards, I found it really added to the reading and contributed to the deck.

I still need to work with them a bit more to get a better idea, but I could not be happier with how well that went for me.

Having said that, I would never include them in a GT, and not in what I would consider true blue Lenormand readings.

It would have to be something offered as an extra or added insight with a twist perhaps.
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 12 Oct 2017, 23:37

Don't have the deck with me so am going off memory only.

Just adding that the extra bonus cards after 36 are like a cross between the Tealeaf Oracle (Rae Hepburn) and Kipper cards and meanings.

Thought about it after I tried it a second time to see what they would be like in a reading.

Card 38 was Bridges so building between things or the opposite depending where the card falls.

Similar to the Kipper with how the position of the card holds weight or the Near-Far Distancing method used in the Lenormand.

Card 39 was Dices - so taking risks and either there is a reward or punishment. It changes the behavior of surrounding cards and not always in a positive way.

The cards do contribute more of an insight, but I am not sure I would ever use them as part of the Lenormand in a traditional sense.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

siovale

Post by siovale » 13 Jan 2018, 19:27

Does anyone know how much bigger these cards are than the original Gilded Reverie?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 13 Jan 2018, 21:22

I decided that there are a few other decks I want more than another Gilded Reverie, however enhanced, so I've decided to pass for now. As much as I like Ciro's work, I may never return to it unless I wear out my original version.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 14 Jan 2018, 00:20

Not by much - just millimeters really, but enough to know there is a subtle difference.
siovale wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 19:27
Does anyone know how much bigger these cards are than the original Gilded Reverie?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 14 Jan 2018, 00:23

I am supposed to be curbing my shopping and buying habits but have discovered "techy gadgety" inventions on Kickstarter which I have started to buy as well. That website is going to be my undoing...
Barleywine wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 21:22
I decided that there are a few other decks I want more than another Gilded Reverie, however enhanced, so I've decided to pass for now. As much as I like Ciro's work, I may never return to it unless I wear out my original version.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Lenormand Deck Reviews”