Two Questions that I would like to have Answered

Discussions of the arcane symbols of Tarot and other decks
Forum rules
Symbols appear on each and every tarot card - visual signs that convey meaning. Some of them are highly individual and personal, others time-honored and traditional. Some are easy to understand, others difficult and multivalent. In this forum, we want to study symbols from different decks, traditions and cultures together using books, websites, lwbs and our own intuition.
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: Two Questions that I would like to have Answered

Post by Jo Ann » 24 Nov 2018, 11:52

Its a 6 inch Newtonian. I had a sun filter made for it cuz i love watching sun spots. but it doesn't pick up much more visual than that. I wish i had a set up to find asteroids.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Michael Sternbach
Site Admin

Post by Michael Sternbach » 25 Nov 2018, 00:18

Jo Ann wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 11:52
Its a 6 inch Newtonian. I had a sun filter made for it cuz i love watching sun spots. but it doesn't pick up much more visual than that. I wish i had a set up to find asteroids.
I was once building a 6 inch Newtonian in my teenage years, but I never finished it (thanks to my sister - feel free to ask her for the full story!). However, I will buy one of those neat 8 inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes from Celestron one day.

Since you are so interested in asteroids: Did you know that many astrologers include at least the biggest ones in a natal chart? Though I would not necessarily recommend doing this to an astro novice - unless somebody experienced helped you read the chart.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 25 Nov 2018, 17:11

actually mine is either an orion or celestron, but i think orion. it is actually a cross over of newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain/short tube newtonian depending on who you talk to. Make sure you get a hand made solar filter to go with it. Sun spots and the sun is just fabulous. I was gonna get an 8 inch but never did. my husband like taking photographing things so i mentioned photographing the sky to look for asteroids. hoping i planted a seed. @onion36@

did your sister steal the mirrors?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “History & Symbolism”