Winds of Change

Discussions of the arcane symbols of Tarot and other decks
Forum rules
Symbols appear on each and every tarot card - visual signs that convey meaning. Some of them are highly individual and personal, others time-honored and traditional. Some are easy to understand, others difficult and multivalent. In this forum, we want to study symbols from different decks, traditions and cultures together using books, websites, lwbs and our own intuition.
Barleywine

Re: Winds of Change

Post by Barleywine » 08 Feb 2018, 19:13

Nemia wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 17:42
Barleywine, you wrote it so beautifully and clearly in your blogpost. I'll add here a link to what I wrote some time ago here on ET about the Tree of Life, winding and wording about ;-)

I've never done the OOTK, I don't feel ready for it.... or am I just too lazy? It's such a complicated process.
I'm doing a presentation on it at a regional tarot meeting next month so I'm forcing myself to really get inside its complexities and sort them out. I've explored the Liber T description, the Crowley version (which doesn't do anybody any favors), James Eshelmans' Liber Theta rewrite, the Christopher Hyatt contribution to Regardie's Golden Dawn "brick" (confusing and not recommended) and the far better description in Case's book The Tarot. Case actually answers some of the questions that nobody else does.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 08 Feb 2018, 19:16

Doesn't Benebell Wen write about it? I have to re-read her book but it sounds a bell ;-) ...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 08 Feb 2018, 19:16

I don't have Benebell's Holistic Tarot yet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 08 Feb 2018, 19:35

how funny, i just came across a youtube video and he referenced the benebell wen book. it’s monstrous. :icon_e_biggrin: i think he said it was 850 pages.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “History & Symbolism”