Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Barleywine

Re: Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Post by Barleywine »

Nemia wrote: 20 Oct 2017, 01:41 Image

Wands wands wands! Today is a day filled with energy! It's our 28th wedding anniversary, a very happy day. Yesterday was a very active day, and today it seems will be another one! The Princess and the Ace get along so well together - they're holding hands ;-) between the Trees.

Barleywine, congratulations to the birth of your granddaughter!
Thanks! My cards today aren't that different from yours - Fire and Earth for me, a productive combination. We will have to compare notes tomorrow.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Main Person (Female) and The Message.

So, a day that is about "me" and "the message" which could mean a literal one or not so literal.

Will look message up later today as I am in the middle of watching the very first 15 minutes of Rose Red. Never seen it before and am rather curious.

Before I go...

Today will be all about me and quality time with me as it is raining outside so guess who refuses to venture out. No need to buy groceries as I have a selection of junk food right through to a succulent pork roast in the fridge and corned silverside as a back up.

Time now is 2:50 am and the party is just getting started!!! :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

WEEKLY DRAW: October 16th until October 22nd, 2017
Saturday: Main Person: Female(02)

DAILY DRAW:
Saturday: The Message (34)
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Bleurgh! 2 of Swords reversed today. I'm not liking the look of that! And what's with all the reversed cards this week?? I have to go into work today, I think it's going to be a looong day.
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Another dream to decipher I think...

LONDON, UK: Waiting for a fax to come through and no fax number. Calm though and not frustrated or feeling any panic. Also, eating salad with my old employer whilst waiting which seemed rather odd yet I cannot quite pinpoint why. The salad was out of place - that's it. Snack foods would have been more appropriate perhaps.

TOKYO, JAPAN: Standing and talking to some old friends and watching these Asian guys (Chinese I think) scavenging for metal and throw outs in this field not too far from where I apparently Iive. (Never lived there even when I did live in Japan). I know I only have about 5 days before flying out and I want to know if they are interested in returning to the old neighborhood we all lived in for dinner or something.

What I will say is that everyone looked the same as how I left them last which cannot be the case unless they have not aged at all. I doubt it.

Back to reality...

The weather is looking fine right now even if a bit overcast, but I have decided to stay home anyhow to catch up on a few things.

As for my dreams of late?

The Message can be about dreams as I just looked it up - among other things.

There must be something I need to know and as yet I have not worked on any of them although with the dream connected to my father it showed him mastering an instrument he had never played before in his life. So, maybe there is something I am meant to do that I have never tried or done before in regards to something that is in my field of knowing. It will start off so so it seems, but in the end will be successful.

I think my father is letting me know that there is something I need to try my hand at for the first time.

DownUnderNZer wrote: 20 Oct 2017, 11:53 Main Person (Female) and The Message.

So, a day that is about "me" and "the message" which could mean a literal one or not so literal.

Will look message up later today as I am in the middle of watching the very first 15 minutes of Rose Red. Never seen it before and am rather curious.

Before I go...

Today will be all about me and quality time with me as it is raining outside so guess who refuses to venture out. No need to buy groceries as I have a selection of junk food right through to a succulent pork roast in the fridge and corned silverside as a back up.

Time now is 2:50 am and the party is just getting started!!! :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Saturday: Main Person: Female(02)

DAILY DRAW:
Saturday: The Message (34)
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Indeed yesterday was a very busy day. We helped our daughter with her final move to the dorms - and my husband, fixing the curtains at her window, reminded me of the Ace/Wands as tool. I had more physical energy than in a long time.

And for today - two Eights. The fast-talking, communicative, electrifying Eight/Wands as blueprint,

the beautiful arrangement of the Coins as daily card. Yoav doesn't seem to like this card much ;-) - it reminds him of mindless repetition, something mechanic. I know what he means, today I have a to-do-list full of mindless little things.

I enjoy the routine work at home, though. I want to work in the house (and maybe even garden...) and I always see it as fun. First of all, I like beautifying the world, and that's what I do when I replace disorder with order. And secondly, I see it as work of love because I want my family to enjoy being at home. So for me, this Eight/Coins is my little buzzing around between kitchen and laundry, and the Eight/Wands is the constant flow of Whatsapp messages between me and my children, on the first Shabat in decades that not even one child is at home.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

Today the background card is the Magician reversed. I have to make a fairly long drive this morning and I'm wondering whether my skills will be challenged. So I specifically asked how that would go. I got the 5 of Disks (Mercury in Taurus, "Worry") as the action card, which may only be showing that it's on my mind enough to ask the question. At least the uneasiness will make me more alert.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I need to catch up!

So on Thursday my cards were:

Blueprint - Six of Pumpkins (Pentacles)

Action Card - Knight of Cups

Together they form a picture of the cat collecting candy from the Witch into a little bag.... and then below he transforms into the Knight and he rides on a fantastical beast, hearts spilling from his cup.

The message for me here was simple - sharing blessings. I had a difficult day at work, but I had some really nice feedback from a colleague and I was able to give some positive praise to other team mates.

On Friday my cards were:

Blueprint - Two of Imps Wands

Action Card - King of Wands

A figure of authority sorts out a dispute between two imps in the Halloween deck and King of Wands in the Paulina represents self assertion, ambition and strong leadership.

A very strong theme for the day and very resonant. There is some discord on the team that had come to a head on Friday morning and i had to step in and 'bang some heads together' but then also make sure this didn't disrupt other areas of the team. Again I got good feedback, this time on my leadership style, which was great to hear.

Today, Saturday, my cards are:

Blueprint - Judgment

Action Card - Seven of Swords

So Judgement in the Halloween Tarot is a vampire and funnily enough, this afternoon we are going shopping for a vampire costume for my son for a part next weekend :) But the meaning given in the book is karmic consequences, spiritual awakening, breaking out of a rut, and the power of forgiveness, which is interesting. The Seven of Swords in the Paulina shows the sneak thief unaware he has been observed taking the swords deceitfully. The positioning of the cards almost suggests that the thief is trying to take advantage of the people in the judgement card who are focussed on their awakening.

Tricky to know what the message is here, other than perhaps if i spend too long on Eclectic, reading cards or meditating today, I'll miss something from being swiped from under my nose. Must make sure husband doesn't eat all the chocolate whilst I'm busy grounding myself and engaged in protection rituals!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Living Room is a timing card between 24 hours and 4 weeks as well as to do with one's living space and/or the soul of a person whereas The Home is to do with our homes, roots, origins, childhood, safety and/or security. (Next to certain other cards it also means something more).

I pulled Journey as an additional card which means all kinds of journeys including Spiritual, but there is a few other little things like new goals or new orientations.

Not travelling anywhere today, but have been doing more research and getting a start on something new so in a way it does fit although I would not have known it had I not looked up each card's meaning just now.

I would have thought today is all about the HOME in a physical way. NZ is on the agenda as well, but no set dates yet and definitely no booking anything today.

The day is not over yet and still a lot more hours to go...

Sunday: Living Room (21) + Journey (10)

As Living Room is a timing card I pulled one extra!

DAILY DRAW:
Sunday: The Home (7)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Well, yesterday wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be. However, there was a bit of conflict. Usually, I get into work and have a look at the book to see what needs to be done for the day then check the make ID's against the stacks of cheese in the chillers so I know exactly which ones I'm going to be working with that day. Yesterday I found out that a couple of the jobs that were supposed to be done by the other cheese maker the day before hadn't been done because "[she] totally forgot". So my grumpy face came out because I had been in trouble before for leaving a couple of things to do the next day, and also it made extra work for me on a day that I would normally have off. Enough venting, that's quite enough of that. On to today...

Hmmm... another two card day. This time it's 2 of Wands and the Hanged Man. I think I will come back to this later tonight...
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

The book describes the Hanged Man as "suspended activity" and I suppose that is what yesterday was about. I didn't really do much although I probably should have. I think this may have been referencing my change of viewpoint regarding this deck too, as I finally read the companion book and found out that the author never intended for reversals to be used with this deck. That's why there are no descriptions for reversed meanings. (I like to use my decks as the creator intended.)The 2 of Wands may have been referring to finally writing up my feedback for the Beginners Reading Club

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links