Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Post by Nemia »

My Hierophant is my blueprint for today. Hermit and Hierophant are two cards I get pretty regularly. I like them both. Hermit time is when my spiritual seeking goes inside, Hierophant time is when I connect to traditions and roots and authority - also my own authority. And I'm always glad to see the Hierophant because of the blessing hand. Today, we're invited to a wedding (a family member we've seen grown up), and that's another side of the Hierophant.

Six of Wands is a good card for me, too. Lots of activity. I'm happily busy all day long. I even touched some projects that I didn't even want to think about.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

On coming home just now I was ambushed by a neighbor that lives downstairs and a neighbor that lives in the next building over. The one downstairs I do not mind as he is harmless, quietly spoken, and always friendly.

I will actually give him the time of day if I have it to give.

Mostly doing all the talking was the other one with complaints, upsets, and concerns about a mile and a half long! Nothing to do with me and not of interest either.

I just wanted an easy transition into peace and quiet and to kick back and have some chill time before contemplating dinner and so forth this evening, but instead I had to:

A) Come up with an action plan without using blunt words to get out of the situation as painless as possible.

B) Bring forth some creative brain storming ideas for them to both consider as a means to deal with the problems at hand.

The only new connection today was that woman from the other building only it stopped there and then as I got the impression she was a drug addict (E.g. Ice/Heroin/Alcohol) and more trouble than she's worth.

I like my life to be simple without complications or thorns in the side.

So, end of that new connection before it started, and I will do everything to make sure our paths do not cross again.

DownUnderNZer wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 23:44 Not sure if this quite qualifies for marrying or reconciliation although union might be a consideration perhaps.

On a different website I have been asked to give the difference between the Dutch Lenormand system, the French, and German.

I gave the basic meanings, like here, for the German and French.

I made it clear a few weeks back that I only started the Lenormand threads there to kickstart it off for them. Am not really interested in being so fully involved. Do not mind assisting now and then, but I love my freedom above anything else and to do things when I want.

Right now, there is conflict within and no union or reconciliation of my thoughts and/or feelings. Will see how the rest of the day pans out as I am sure this will resolve by then.

Coffee time I think!
DownUnderNZer wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 09:43 Like Court Person and The Liar being a perfect match the card today is:

UNION (40)

Marriage and Union. Hand in hand it seems.

I am not getting married nor do I know of anyone else getting married today!

So, what else can these cards be putting across:

MARRIAGE is about all relationships including business.
UNION is about marriage, marrying up opposites and/or whatever needs bonding together, reconciliations between people or the conscious - unconscious etc. It can also be about harmony and creativity. Gaining a wider perspective and/or new connections.

Looking right now at the cards this week they are in some ways not too different to some cards I pulled with the Gilded Reverie (extended version) to do with the remainder of this month. I think that spread brought up things more or less like: pay close attention do not take something at face value and reconciliations

Anyways, will have to see how it applies to my day or not. What I can say for certainty is that I will be having Sushi, but as for reconciling or marrying anything that is a bit of a puzzle and not something I normally think about on a daily basis. No one really does.Creativity seems more of a happening thing or making new connections although no plans today to do either as well.

Maybe someone from home (NZ) is getting married today or maybe someone I know that is not talking to someone else might have just made the first step to make amends.

I will have to update later.....

DownUnderNZer wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 10:26

WEEKLY DRAW: October 16th until October 22nd, 2017
Thursday: Marriage Card (03)

DAILY DRAW:
Thursday: Union (40)

Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

theFeeLion wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 14:35 Today - 5 of Swords rx and Chains (aka Devil)
I know it's only supposed to be ONE card but they both decided to jump. My first thought when I saw Chains was "these chains are of [my] own making". Oh yay. I suppose at least now I am aware of it I can do something about it...
As for the 5 of Swords, it looks like today may be a bit of a struggle with plans going awry but hopefully, I won't be at work until stupid o'clock. I'll have to update on this one later...
Well, my plans for the day flew out the window as soon as I got to work. Then from lunch onwards, it seemed like I was fighting a losing battle in trying to get everything done by a reasonable hour. I finished at 9pm :icon_e_sad: and now I have to go in tomorrow too. Boo.
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Another match made in heaven - Work Occupation and Father.

And it would be on to it if I was doing this a couple of decades ago!

Am going to come back today and/or tonight to see how it has applied to my day although looking at Father I am thinking it has to be something like masculine/protection or dealing with something like father issues/complexes.

Just thought of something.....

It is close to the anniversary of my father's death and yesterday I dreamed he played the clarinet for the first time. It was a little shaky to start with, but ended up an outstanding performance which gained lots of claps from bystanders. When I was watching him I thought: "You've nailed it because you know how to play a Saxophone and Harmonica. That's why!. As well as the piano, drums, guitar, bass and so forth.

I was blown away that he did so well, but at the same time I could not believe all the attention because he is (or was) a talented musician with a natural ear.

Makes sense that I would be thinking of my father this time of the year, but it is not usual for me to dream about him. I remembered the dream when I woke up and then again just now, but as yet have not worked out the message in it.

WEEKLY DRAW:
Friday: Work Occupation (34)

DAILY DRAW:
Friday: Father
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
shadowrose

Post by shadowrose »

drew the Hierophant today. feels like an oppressive card tday, possibly a negative omen....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

My background card for today is the 6 of Wands, while the foreground card is the 5 of Wands. I don't think that Five is going to have the oomph to upset the complacency of the Six, so I'm not expecting any kind of strife. If the old meaning of "striving" rather than conflict applies, well I did mow the entire lawn and do an astrological chart write-up for my new granddaughter, and there's still time in the day to do more. I'll have to think about it while I celebrate with this beer.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Wands wands wands! Today is a day filled with energy! It's our 28th wedding anniversary, a very happy day. Yesterday was a very active day, and today it seems will be another one! The Princess and the Ace get along so well together - they're holding hands ;-) between the Trees.

Barleywine, congratulations to the birth of your granddaughter!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

3 of Pentacles reversed today. If I'm understanding this correctly this is referring to the complete lack of creativity required for today. I had to go in to work for what was supposed to be a day off and ended up spending the day wrapping 300 cheeses. Definitely not a job requiring any kind of creativity!
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

So, without looking up the meaning of Father or Work Occupation let's see what happened in my day....

FIRSTLY:

1) Morning coffee (Cafe) - Surrounded by mothers and kids plus one tyrant of a husband that had no shame in being loud, abrupt, and downright arrogant towards his wife.

I have never liked arrogant men or women likely due to my father being that way inclined.

2) Evening shopping (Mall) - All men when I was waiting for an order. Mostly young adults and one elderly gentleman. Two play fighting and the other three watching with obvious disdain on their faces. The elderly man was sitting not too far from the rest, but alone.

The words unemployed filtered quite strongly through my mind as I was watching all five. To be playing like that either they should be working, doing professional kick boxing, or boxing.

To sum it up: A) One arrogant man that bothered me, and B) I was 100% surrounded by masculinity before coming home tonight.

SECONDLY:

Lined up a documentary to watch as I was preparing dinner which I thought was titled "Twins" about fraternal versus maternal ones only to find out it was actually about these twin brothers that tried to kill their father for the inheritance. Not quite what I expected, but nevertheless unexpectedly confrontational.

I was put in the position of comparing their father to mine! Not too different in some ways I can tell you and not something I have had to think about in a very long time. However, unlike them, I loved my father although I did not always appreciate his actions or ways including his arrogance. Complex, controlling, dominant, and hard to the core.

Something in it actually triggered a memory or two like the hospital scene and how my father saw life being far too easy for the males of future generations. Laziness is one negative attribute my father did not appreciate in any gender.

Nor do I really.

And yet it is something I have become off and on over the years as I get older.

I started getting my A in to G tonight and did some more work on this write up I promised my mother as well as did some research in regards to a light bulb moment I had last night.

NOTE I: Still yet to work out the dream I had to do with my dad.
NOTE II: I do not feel I need to look up the meanings of these cards.

DownUnderNZer wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 09:27 Another match made in heaven - Work Occupation and Father.

And it would be on to it if I was doing this a couple of decades ago!

Am going to come back today and/or tonight to see how it has applied to my day although looking at Father I am thinking it has to be something like masculine/protection or dealing with something like father issues/complexes.

Just thought of something.....

It is close to the anniversary of my father's death and yesterday I dreamed he played the clarinet for the first time. It was a little shaky to start with, but ended up an outstanding performance which gained lots of claps from bystanders. When I was watching him I thought: "You've nailed it because you know how to play a Saxophone and Harmonica. That's why!. As well as the piano, drums, guitar, bass and so forth.

I was blown away that he did so well, but at the same time I could not believe all the attention because he is (or was) a talented musician with a natural ear.

Makes sense that I would be thinking of my father this time of the year, but it is not usual for me to dream about him. I remembered the dream when I woke up and then again just now, but as yet have not worked out the message in it.

WEEKLY DRAW:
Friday: Work Occupation (34)

DAILY DRAW:
Friday: Father

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

My background card for today is the Princess of Wands, and my action card is the Universe. Nice cards. Looks like a good day to get motivated and maybe "grab the low-hanging fruit" without too much effort.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links