Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Barleywine

Re: Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Post by Barleywine »

Interesting combination today. The Emperor (Aries) reversed as "background" card, implying an abdication of authority, not so much losing control as giving up on trying to enforce it. The 2 of Wands (Mars in Aries) as "action" card, which is all about exercising control. It looks a bit like reluctantly having one's hand forced in a situation, but nothing like that has come up yet today.

I was unable to upload the image, so no picture today.

I'm losing interest in the single-card daily draws again, so will be going back to my more elaborate daily readings next week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Looking back on today - the Thoth Chariot as blueprint, and the CBD Pope/Hierophant as daily card. I love the Thoth Chariot with the four crazy tetramorphs in front - lion's body with bull's head (black), human legs with eagle face (white), eagle's claws with human head (white) and bull's body with lion head (black) and breasts like the Sphinx. There are two pairs: the black pair, Lion and Bull (Leo and Taurus), and the white pair, eagle and human (Scorpio and Aquarius).

I need to get some things done - Chariot is for me always an anti-procrastination card. And indeed my self-improvement with the Moon is going better than I expected, I make better use of my day and my time, and Chariot may have helped today :-)

And the Hierophant is here for the second time this week - some days ago he appeared in the blueprint. It's my "teacher's card".

Both cards tell me what I have to do in order to do my job better.

Looking back on my week - I have a "group photo" only of the blueprint. Two Aces, two court cards, two majors, only one "normal" card. Two fire, three water, two earth cards - no air this time.

I had another Ace and two more court cards in the daily cards.

All this movement, the people in my cards - it seems weird when you look at what I actually DID this week. Most of the time at home, preparing lectures, bringing the house up to what I call "status zero" again... if you look from the outside, nothing happened.

On the inside, however, a lot of things happened, relationships came alive again or shifted, there was a lot of coming and going in my life last week.

I think I will stick next week to one deck. I find it a bit difficult to balance all the different things I do here on the forum and elsewhere, I have a new wonderfully challenging tarot calendar page - Scorpio and Death! - I write the daily affirmation cards and keep the news scroll up to date... and it all adds up.

I had a great week with the CBD.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Ah the end of the week. This is what mine looked like:

My blueprint card today was Queen of Pumpkins (Pentacles).

My action card today was Justice.

They're both great cards and so positive from their LWBs. The Queen of Pumpkins is practical, generous and creative. Justice represents logic and truth and seeing things how they are. I have done nothing much today other than watch Scooby-Doo with my son, knit, cook and catch up on owed Tarot readings for the Reading Clubs. Perhaps that's about right!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
shadowrose

Post by shadowrose »

my weekend got away from me, but I drew my cards each day:

Friday: Seven of Swords

Saturday: Nine of Pentacles

Sunday: Ten of Cups

haven't had much chance to think about it all yet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links