Deck of the Week # 15 for Oct 23 - Oct 29

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week # 15 for Oct 23 - Oct 29

Post by Nemia »

A new week is about to begin. Here we exchange our daily readings with our deck of the week.

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations. On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Participants:
CharlotteK - Cult of Weimar (blueprint), Tinker's Damn (daily action card)
the FeeLion - Shadowscapes (blueprint), Faeries Oracle (daily action card)
Nemia - Orbifold

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Re: Deck of the Week # 15 for Oct 23 - Oct 29

Post by CharlotteK »

I'm in. I'm going to use Cult of Weimar as my Blueprint and Tinker's Damn for my daily action card.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Count me in too :icon_e_biggrin: I'm going to give this blueprint thing a go. I'll be using Shadowscapes for my Blueprint and Faeries Oracle and my daily action card.
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Ok, so I'm going to kick this off with my Blueprint for the week

Monday: King of Swords
Tuesday: 9 of Pentacles
Wednesday: The Fool
Thursday: 7 of Pentacles
Friday: Page of Wands
Saturday: 4 of Pentacles
Sunday: The Tower

So that means;
Earth in (4 total) 4,7,9 Pents, Page
Fire in (3 total) King, Page, Tower
Air in (2 total) King, Fool
No Water - I wonder how this will affect the week?

Hmm... Looks like a pretty Earth influenced week. It also looks like all my Pentacles are on days I will be working. I wonder who the King of Sword and Page of Wands are...

My "trigger" card today is Mickle A Muckle rx
So as I started to read about the King of Swords (while wondering who it could be) my partner decided to play a bit of Playstation. The game he chose to play? Call of Duty. Lol, I'm now pretty positive the King is him!
Mickle A Muckle seems to be warning me about being selfish, inconsiderate and rejecting adventure. Ok, Mickle, warning heeded. I think we'll take the dogs for a swim at the river later.
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I've wanted to take a closer look at the Orbifold Tarot for a long time... and this is my week to do it. No blueprints this week, maybe the week after this one I'll return to them. I want to deal with the Orbifold on its own terms. Let's see how we'll get along.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

My blueprint deck is Cult of Weimar Tarot by our very own Joan Marie and my daily action deck is Tinker's Damn Tarot by Duck Soup.

I LOVE how these decks look together side by side. They are very different decks indeed, coming from separate places with their own content and execution. But visually they are very harmonious.

Today my Blueprint context card is 9 of Wands and my daily action card is Apotheosis.

The 9 of Wands in Cult of Weimar shows actress Gerda Maurus playing a femme fatale in a 1928 film. She stands hands on hips, cigarette dangling from the corner of her mouth. She appears to be In a basement, a forest of jewel-topped wands blocking almost every step on the stairs that would lead her out up and out. I'm getting a general "can't see the wood for the trees" message. Perhaps also a "what am I supposed to do now?" coming from Gerda herself. In the LBW the divination meaning suggests the illusory nature of Gerda's imprisonment and that she has been fooled into thinking she's powerless to find a way out. But the positive aspect to this is she is not giving up. He stance is defensive, but also defiant. She doesnt look like someone that is weak and powerless. I just want her to turn around and kick those wands out of the way.

My daily action card is Apotheosis.

Gosh. The highest point of development. The culmination of everything and its pinnacle. This card is beautiful, showing a female figure in the usual dancing pose of the World, with one leg bent in a similar way. She is shown as being the heart of an atom with electrons circling her. In the background is the wider cosmos that has shaped itself in a leminscate symbol.

This is a definite work theme carrying over of me trying to drive and embed changes in a number of teams who are being resistant to that, in pockets, and to varying degrees. I have indeed felt at times that I lack the support and the sheer force of will to do what I'm being asked to do, and have also become very drained and tired . But I can do it! I have to believe that and I must also take on that role at the middle of the atom. The teams all revolve around a core, a centre, and thats the part i have to create. That unification. That heart.

The 9 of Wands was an eek moment when I drew it but what a great combination to get on a Monday morning. The hope and encouragement is very welcome.

I'm already loving this pairing and both decks are amazing. I cant wait to do my draw tomorrow.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Today I have the 9 of Pentacles as a Blueprint and Iris of the Rainbows as my trigger/action card.

The lady on the 9 of Pents sits playing at a piano and seems to be lost in the music, just enjoying the moment. Iris on the Rainbows is all about Hope, and promise for the future. She is the rainbow after a storm. This looks to be a promising day :icon_e_biggrin:

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Oh, all those beautiful cards! just opening this thread lifts my spirits!

And I'm with the Orbifold. Beautiful in a very pared-down, minimalistic way.

Yesterday:

The Sun. Yes, I had a sunny day yesterday. I gave a lecture in a place where I started my professional (and personal) development many many years ago - by now, only as honoured guest. I remember my humble days there very well, and many of my listeners yesterday used to be a bit dismissive or patronizing - but also helped and supported me. The lecture went quite well and there's always a special kind of adrenaline for such occasions. It felt nice.

And today - the Emperor. Didn't the artist do a great job, conveying the archetypes by colours and composition?

Usually, I read the Emperor as some connection with my beloved husband, but today, he means something else.

I have been invited to a concert that I very much want to hear on Thursday. Today, a colleague phoned me. Her husband is very ill and she asked me whether I can take over her lessons on Thursday. At exactly the hour when the concert will take place. I hesitated - and said yes. The Emperor was calling me - the voice of duty, not pleasure. I didn't even tell her that I sacrificed something quite special (it's a one-time concert and I won't have a chance to hear them again). I don't want her to feel bad in addition to all the other stuff she is going through.

There are other calls of duty I have ignored until now :icon_redface: but let's hope the Emperor will make me do everything I put off until now!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Today my Blueprint context card is Last Judgement and my daily action card is Mayoress of Earth.

The Last Judgment card is so glorious and shows two unclothed people leaping joyously, one clutching a drum and beater. It screams freedom and celebration and a delight in sheer nakedness.

The guide to this card talks about scales falling from the eyes. That moment of sudden realisation when the truth appears. An oh indeed yes. Today many things have suddenly become clear at work. And I've become clear too. I actually think I know what I'm doing now and that realisation, has been very sudden, like a bolt.

My daily action card is the Mayoress of Earth, a woman very deeply connected to home and family, the Queen of Pentacles in most decks. She looks homely and comfortable in her tweed coat.

This is almost always me the Mum, not at work but at home, taking care of my little one. And sometimes the big one. I spent this evening playing with little one and we had a very lovely chat with him before stories and singing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I seem to have a rather interesting combination of cards for today. For starters, I had a jumper while shuffling the Faeries and for some reason, I doubted the card so I put it back and pulled another one. After seeing which card I pulled I had to find the jumper again!

My cards today are the Fool (Blueprint) and, the Fee Lion rx and O! That Gnome rx.

So we have;
the Fool, all innocence, new beginnings and general Fool-ishness
the Fee Lion rx (jumper), "whose idea was this anyway?" and whose 'oughts' and 'shoulds' am I needlessly taking on that is causing me feelings of guilt for not completing them
O! That Gnome, the Trickster of the bunch, full of Creative Chaos and Wild Gifts. Who, when reversed, is both more and less tricky, wild, and full of chaos. "In a way, [he] is always reversed, and sometimes even perverse. Sometimes, the reverse is even reversed into other dimensions."

There seem to be a lot of 2s here
Fool 0/22
Fee Lion 65 = 2
O! That Gnome 26 = 8

Today could be a balancing act...

Well, let's see what comes of all of this...

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links