Deck of the Week # 15 for Oct 23 - Oct 29

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week # 15 for Oct 23 - Oct 29

Post by Nemia »

Wow, another major! And I shuffled the deck for AGES. The Hermit is a card I really like. I like being alone at, like today, with all my little projects... Again I'm astonished how the artist brought out the inner light and happiness of that card, the fresh cool air around the introvert who's allowed to be introvert...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Yesterday was definitely dominated by the Fool. As usual it wasn't in quite the way I expected, although I didn't know quite what to expect. The Fool came in the form of babies. I visited my good friend who has 5-month-old twins :icon_e_biggrin: and one of her cats recently had kittens (I wish I could take one of the kittens but my dogs don't do well with the neighbourhood cats as it is!) Afterwards, another friend and I went to pick up her 18-month-old then, while she was doing a haircut I looked after haircut-guy's 10-week-old visla puppy :icon_e_biggrin:

Through all of the baby stuff, there was also a bit of chaos (my visit got pushed out much later than I was intending and there was a bit of to-ing and fro-ing in the car), and I am glad there was a warning about feeling guilty for other peoples stuff because the timing for my visit was way out of my control.

On to today's cards...

7 of Pentacles (blueprint) and The Laume rx

Today is a work day. There is a line in the books, for each card, that stands out for me. For the 7 of Pents it's; "The Seven of Pentacles challenges you to make a choice: to eat and enjoy the fruit in the basket, or to leave them to flower and ripen and continue upon the branch?" And for The Laume rx it is; "ask yourself if you have been refusing to receive the bounty of the universe flowing through the Laume's hands, just because it wasn't quite in the form that you expected or because it was from a different source than you wanted it to come from."

I wonder what this bounty/fruit is....
[
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

lsn't this another wonderful interpretation of a tarot archetype just using numbers, colours and composition? What a beautiful Devil! I wonder what it means. My daily Devil is procrastination. Let's see how I hold it at bay today..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Catching up time.

So yesterday - Wednesday - I had two Majors. The Hierophant was my Blueprint card and Equanimity (Justice) my daily action card.

The Hierophant features a character from a film in which he encourages his followers to build the Tower of Babel. You can see the direction of this Hierophant. Yes could be "interpreter of sacred mysteries and arcane principles". But just perhaps a charlatan or at least a manipulator of power and authority for personal gains.

Equanimity represents balance, clarity of mind, acting from intellectual detachment.

Yesterday I was involved in a number of 'personnel issues' which always require fairness, objectivity and detachment. In one of the cases, the individual involved has connections within the organisation and it would appear they may be using these to deflect attention from their behaviour, take advantage and attempt to manipulate the outcome.

Today - Thursday - my Blueprint card is Two of Swords and my action card is Six of Air (Swords)

The Two of Swords carries on the theme of manipulation and misdirection from yesterday but in a lessened weakened state. This beautiful card is a warning to me that I may not be seeing the full picture and to not make decisions without open eyes. Duly noted!

The Six of Air ... another beautiful card. That huge golden moon and the wide eyed owl and such gorgeous colours. I am being guided apparently.

What's not yet clear to me today is who is doing the guiding and are they pointing me to the truth and to good decisions or attempting to obfuscate? Two cards from the swords suits. Must be on my mental mettle today and paying close attention.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I'm still unsure just what yesterday's cards were talking about :icon_e_confused:

Today's cards are...

Page of Wands and Gloominous Doom (Self-defeat. Self-pity. Self-destruction. Taking better care of ourselves.)

So I think I need to make today a day of action. I need to put aside self-pity and DO something.

Yesterday I found out that the days the other cheese maker (the only other one) is taking off to go home for Thanksgiving just happen to involve the one day I have had on the board to have off since I started. Which means I now have to somehow juggle two commitments on the same day (a full days work and a couple of hours worth of wedding makeup trial). Fun. :icon_evil: There's no point in me saying anything though as she will have already booked flights and whatever. I guess I will just have to make an already long day longer. Ok, vent over.

I have a few things to do today. Get all the rubbish and recycling out, do the food shopping, tidy the house a bit, get things organised for going away on the weekend (not looking forward to Tower Sunday - the day we are going), send off a parcel, and hopefully have a friend over before going to work drinks tonight. Let's see if I actually get that all done (i'm a big-time procrastinator!) lol
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Well yesterday was interesting. I was on my guard and seems we are indeed playing a cautious game of keeping cards close to the chest, poker faces and some misdirection. Though the game is not with who I thought it was with. 🤔

Today my Blueprint card is Four of Swords and my action card is Ace of Earth.

The Four of Swords shows a glamorous woman reclining on a chaise longue, cigarette poised, looking towards the left side of the card and beyond. The swords hang suspended in front of a stained glass window. The divination meaning suggests quiet and private examination of oneself.

The Ace of Earth shows the world in a hand. But instead of resting in a palm it looks as though it has just been caught or is being held up and displayed. This card suggests earthly powers, stability, creation, grounding.

I am in a reflective mood. I carried out a mid-year performance review with one of my team leaders and he made some observations about my management and leadership style, which were quite positive and astute and this has made me think about what I am trying to achieve at work and how I go about it with others.

On the way back to the railway station I spotted a little spiritual shop so I called in for a browse. As you do... Lol. I came away with some Oracle cards (Secret Language of Colour), a CD of new agey meditation music and some crystals (flourite, lapis lazuli and tree agate). I think was me seeking some grounding tools. I really need to do some meditation this weekend and will be using crystals too. We have a busy day tomorrow and I'm starting to feel a little frayed again. I'm off to get a haircut now and also some food for our Halloween party tomorrow with friends and family. The spooky decorating also starts tonight. Perhaps the Ace represents our creating the right atmosphere for a happy event tomorrow.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Getting towards the end of the week. I've been photographing my cards in artificial low light for the past few days due to dark mornings which doesn't do either Cult of Weimar or Tinker's Damn justice. Here is how the whole spread is looking so far in daylight. Such wonderful decks!

Today's Blueprint card is Three of Swords and my action card is Four of Fire.

The Three of Swords shows a pomegranate pierced by the three swords. Less about heartbreak and more about being overdramatic, the card points to the kind of suffering we inflict on ourselves by holding onto grudges or continuing to invest ourselves in things that are no longer useful to us or even that no longer exist.

The Four of Fire shows an old fashioned typewriter and the conclusion of a novel or a story, signalled by a crisp THE END halfway down the page. The card meaning is simple: completion.

These two cards tie well together. The overall meaning is clear - get over it. It's done, finished, time to move on. I see this as a positive today but I'm not sure what I need to let go of. The swords suggest this is a way of thinking as opposed to an emotional attachment or relationship. Perhaps this will become clear today.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yesterday - the High Priestess.

Today - the Queen of Swords.

I was too busy with other things yesterday and today is another busy day - let's hope I'll find some time tonight to think about these beautiful cards! All I think of now when I look at the Queen of Swords is my steam iron and the hot air that will surround me when I iron a whole mountain of things... which I actually like... but until I sit down to actually do it, procrastinate about it...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yes, I not only ironed last night but also got into a short and not very serious fight with my husband - let's call it an argument - although it was obvious that he was in the right - but we had some nearly sharp words - something that is quite rare -- so there was my sharp Queen of Swords yesterday. But she didn't cut, and her own sense of justice immediately told her that the right was on the other side. So no damage done.

Today I have to do some unpleasant things to do, I need the push of the Ace of Fire. I must say I quite like the Orbifold even though I didn't have the time or nerves right now to dive into this deck.

I had a week with five majors, one Ace and one Queen. I had five Fire cards (in the Orbifold, many cards have mixed elementary assignations: High Priestess is Fire and Water, Sun Fire and Air, Hermit is Water and Earth etc).

Well, it was a difficult and important week for me, a week of endings. For the first time in many years, the academic year started without me, for the first time in even more years, my husband and I were alone in the house (and most of the time, it was just I). I deal well with both.

For next week, I want to use the Orbifold as blueprint. I decided already to work with the Maria Celia, this lovely, lovely deck, warm and with a strong sense of humour :-) Let's see how the two work together. I don't want to pair the Maria Celia with the Thoth, I have the feeling that those energies might interfere with each other. But the Orbifold is a totally different opera, that might work.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Last day of working with Cult of Weimar and Tinker's Damn. Both are stunning, accomplished decks with high quality artwork.

Here's my final full week spread.

Today's Blueprint card is Two of Wands. And my action card is Two of Water.

The Two of Wands is very much about the individual making personal choices and commitment and being that driving force in their own life. The World is in their hands.

The Two of Water (Cups) is about Union. Being a partnership.

And yes. I desperately want to do my own thing today. I had planned for some 'me' time, some personal space. But as it happens there are instead things I really need to do with my husband involving family. Such is life. That's what happens sometimes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links