Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
CharlotteK

Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Post by CharlotteK »

Here is a thread for all members interested in using Tarot to support healthy lifestyle habits and a mindful approach to wellbeing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Re: CharlotteK's Mindful Eating Daily Draw

Post by Charlie Brown »

I love it. I have similar needs at the moment.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 13:35 I love it. I have similar needs at the moment.
Let's do it together Charlie Brown! I've been wondering if Tarot could play some part in a weightĺoss diet.

I was thinking with a daily draw I could use Tarot to give me some insights as to where that day's issues, struggles, inspiration or successes will come from... and any advice regarding:

- how I feel about eating and being fat and my emotional relationship with food (cups)

- my thoughts, perceptions and mental narrative about food and losing weight including self critcism, honesty, realistic aspirations etc (swords)

- my willpower, energy, commitment and drive to make better decisions and achieve goals (wands)

- my bodily being, level of activity and exercise, food choices, sleep, physical energy etc (pentacles)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

I'd like to join in! Even though I weigh more than I should, weightloss is not my focus (when I pay too much attention to that, all hell breaks loose.) But I sure would enjoy a little tarot community where we can be with that ...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

fractalgranny wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 14:57 I'd like to join in! Even though I weigh more than I should, weightloss is not my focus (when I pay too much attention to that, all hell breaks loose.) But I sure would enjoy a little tarot community where we can be with that ...
Oh well if there is interest then for sure I'll start a communal thread where we can all drop in. I think I'll put it in Tarot for Personal Growth which feels both entirely wrong given the subject matter :icon_e_wink: but also right.

Focus will be on Tarot as a tool for tackling negative habits and promoting mindfulness in healthy choices.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

CharlotteK wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 15:06
fractalgranny wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 14:57 I'd like to join in! Even though I weigh more than I should, weightloss is not my focus (when I pay too much attention to that, all hell breaks loose.) But I sure would enjoy a little tarot community where we can be with that ...
Oh well if there is interest then for sure I'll start a communal thread where we can all drop in. I think I'll put it in Tarot for Personal Growth which feels both entirely wrong given the subject matter :icon_e_wink: but also right.

Focus will be on Tarot as a tool for tackling negative habits and promoting mindfulness in healthy choices.
... and I meant to say that healthy eating and exercise ARE important to me ...

Thanks for starting this!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'll follow along. I might contribute with some oracle draws from my magical unicorn deck. It is always very encouraging and affirming.

I'm not sure how the site is structured for guests, but it might be a nice idea to put this in a place where only members see it. If we start discussing personal issues in relation to the daily draws, it might be more comfortable that way.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I set up a topic in Tarot for Personal Growth but that's visible publicly whereas Daily Draws isn't. So this thread is member only access. I've deleted the other topic and I'm just going to change the title of this topic so it's general and then anyone can join in!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Re: Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thanks, Charlotte
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Re: Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Post by CharlotteK »

My daily draw card was Ace of Pentacles rx.

On my journey Pentacles refer to my physicality, how I am bodily and my exercise and fitness levels. I went to the gym this morning for a weight training session. I am getting stronger but I'm not losing any lbs and progress feels very slow.

So not surprised to see the card and the reversed meaning "the desire to reap the so far elusive fruits of labour". That's exactly how it seemed today. But I have to remind myself that I am making progress, I'm training with heavier weights. And above all I still have the desire to see a difference in my body and to feel stronger and more resilient.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links