Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
CharlotteK

Re: Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Post by CharlotteK »

Today's card is five of cups.

Three cups have spilled their precious contents. Not all is lost, two are still full, though our protagonist is mourning the spillage.

Disappointment indeed. The scales are again going in the wrong direction. I do suspect water retention but its a little depressing. However today is another day and I need to move on and make the best of my opportunities today. I've had a healthy start and just need to make sure I make good choices for the rest of the day.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

CharlotteK wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 04:22 Today's card is five of cups.

Three cups have spilled their precious contents. Not all is lost, two are still full, though our protagonist is mourning the spillage.

Disappointment indeed. The scales are again going in the wrong direction. I do suspect water retention but its a little depressing. However today is another day and I need to move on and make the best of my opportunities today. I've had a healthy start and just need to make sure I make good choices for the rest of the day.
Question .... did you anticipate people posting comments/questions to these musings, or did you imagine we would just leave them there to be witnessed?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

Two of Flames (Mahuea) - Daughters of the Moon Tarot

This is what I learned just now about Mahuea: "The ancient Mother Mahuea brings the Maori people to their home in what is now New Zealand. When snakes overrun the land, Mahuea uses her digging stick to frighten them away. The stick breaks in half and flames burst from it. Mahuea has discovered fire and gives it as a gift to the Maori people. She teaches them how to use it and how to create it on their own. Within a hidden volcanic cave, along the side of a cool stream, Mahuea gives birth to the Holy Goddess Hina."

What this brings up for me is a message that I often get "Don't worry about your weight. Don't worry about your eating. It's not about that. The task before you is much bigger than that. It may go through what's personal but goes way beyond that." A healthy weight and a healthy lifestyle are not a goal, they're ancillary to the bigger path. If I feel food weighing me down on my path, that's a problem. If I can't walk on the path because I'm too heavy, that's a problem. Otherwise, don't worry about it if it's only about the eating and the weight. Focus on what's important. "Focus," I hear right now, "on being a Goddess."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

fractalgranny wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 11:40
CharlotteK wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 04:22 Today's card is five of cups.

Question .... did you anticipate people posting comments/questions to these musings, or did you imagine we would just leave them there to be witnessed?
Anticipate? I don't know really! It started as a place for me to do my daily draw and chart my journey. I didn't think that far :)

But if people want to make comments on my posts, then of course, that's fine, especially if comments are respectful of what are very personal reflections and helpful. i.e. focussed on card interpetations. I guess comments like, for example, "you shouldn't weigh yourself more than once a week" are more personal and not really what I'm looking for here.

How about you?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I drew a unicorn card for the group. Things need to get a little dark before morning can come, but it's on its way.

Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

As for me, Sunday morning is my weigh in day and I lost about a half-kilo. I don't really know exactly what that is, so I'm comfortable claiming it. I'm a little worried though because I really didn't have enough to eat several days this week, so I'm concerned that my metabolism is going to sink and inhibit any progress.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'd be happy if I could get back to this

Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Charlie Brown wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 13:04 I drew a unicorn card for the group. Things need to get a little dark before morning can come, but it's on its way.

Thank you Charlie Brown. "Very Soon" sounds like a good omen to me :)

I feel very positive about having a daily focus for this lifestyle journey. Even with the most 'negative' cards that come up I feel there is always a positive message to be taken out of them. Look forward to some mutual encouragement here also. Goodness knows I could do with it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

fractalgranny wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 11:50
A healthy weight and a healthy lifestyle are not a goal, they're ancillary to the bigger path.
I think this is very true. Not the "be all and end all" but certainly a helpful support to life's purpose :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I just finished a cycle from New Moon to New Moon where I did my private health and nutrition readings - I really made great progress in cutting out sweet stuff (my weakness, otherwise we eat really well, fresh and vegan/vegetarian), not so much in moving more (that comes and goes). I find tarot really helps in focusing the mind. For me, it's less a matter of weight but more of feeling well. I picked up in the last months the contact with four cousins - we didn't have contact for 30 years. And ALL of us put on about the same amount of weight and have now, in our middle 50s, a matronly shape :-) We really look similar now. There must be something genetic in it. I don't want to fight against my body type. But I want to put good food into my body. It simply feels so much better.

Here, that's me, true to life - Eroteme Tarot. I even have that dress.

For me, THE tarot card that helps me keep my cravings at bay is Temperance. And the deck I use for these purposes is the Housewives. Straight from the kitchen.

So, count me in. But not regularly - I already have too many "regular duties" here on ET and don't want to turn tarot into something I HAVE to do instead of WANT to do.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links