Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
CharlotteK

Re: Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Post by CharlotteK »

Oh this can definitely work as a 'dip in and out as suits' kind of thread as well as something of a more regular check in thread. All are welcome to post as little or much as they find helpful.

For me the main challenge is shifting excess weight around my middle (the unhealthy place for fat storage) but overall wellbeing, good mental health, vitality, strength, ethical consumption (95% vegan here) and getting control of cravings are all important to me.

My son wanted to bake today and I realised I couldn't do my apron up anymore :icon_e_sad:

I will go with "matronly" too!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

CharlotteK wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 12:58
fractalgranny wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 11:40
Question .... did you anticipate people posting comments/questions to these musings, or did you imagine we would just leave them there to be witnessed?
Anticipate? I don't know really! It started as a place for me to do my daily draw and chart my journey. I didn't think that far :)

But if people want to make comments on my posts, then of course, that's fine, especially if comments are respectful of what are very personal reflections and helpful. i.e. focussed on card interpetations. I guess comments like, for example, "you shouldn't weigh yourself more than once a week" are more personal and not really what I'm looking for here.

How about you?
[/quote]

Yeah, I think that's what prompted my question ... I don't think advice ("it's not gonna work if you don't drink 13 1/2 cups of green tea a day") or advicy-sounding comments (3 paragraphs of how vitamin P has totally changed my life, and how everyone else I know has had exactly the same miraculous results, or "have you ever considered Inner Mongolian kelp?") would turn me off.

Thank you for allowing us to join you here.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

fractalgranny wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 18:10 Yeah, I think that's what prompted my question ... I don't think advice ("it's not gonna work if you don't drink 13 1/2 cups of green tea a day") or advicy-sounding comments (3 paragraphs of how vitamin P has totally changed my life, and how everyone else I know has had exactly the same miraculous results, or "have you ever considered Inner Mongolian kelp?") would turn me off.

Thank you for allowing us to join you here.
Ha. Yes. Exactly. Thank you for understanding :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

Three of Pents, Daughters of the Moon – Aruru, Claywoman
She looks so content and focused, with her infant sleeping in a sling on her back. I know how that feels. It feels like when I’m on silent retreat, or when I do a cooking or driving meditation. I’d like to do that at work, and with my food! I eat well when I’m in that state. The three and the simplicity feel like they're going together. Also: the 3rd step in 12-step programs.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Call Upon Your Lucky Star

"Make a wish and wait for the best"

It might seem that this card is saying that all you have to do is wish for something better, that's not the case. This card really is saying two things:

1. It's important to visualize the life you want. When you make a wish you're making a picture of a possible reality. Putting your wish into your lucky star turns that picture into a guiding light

2. The word 'wait' is important. Patience is necessary. It takes time to turn our wish's picture into new reality. This 'waiting' doesn't isn't passive. The word attendez can also be translated as "expect," which is a more active word. Each of us acts in the world according to our expectations. If we can align our expectations towards the version of reality that lives in our star then we edge ever closer to that reality.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

A person who's healthy in the way I want to be healthy doesn't do certain things that I've been known to do. Rather than be pleasantly surprised with myself for not doing them, I'm going to try and expect myself not to do them. I'm going to try and become someone who doesn't think to do those things.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Today's card from the Goddess Tarot is Chang O (The Hermit) reversed.

The dangers of acting without thinking or refusing to listen to intuition, or that inner voice of reason - "don't do it". It will be all too easy to help myself to the biscuits next to the coffee posts at today's conference if I'm not mindful.

I drew some more Oracle cards for support.

Regeneration rx, Surrender and Release and Bronze - Strengthen Your Body.

The first two cards are real "let it go" cards. To be healthier and happier get I need to let go of what no longer supports me or helps me. That includes the biscuits. I have other ways of enjoying life that do me more good. The last card reminds me to engage in food and activities that will help me be stronger and nourish my body.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

Maat (Justice), Daughters of the Moon
As I was thinking about this practice this morning, I realized that I only wanted to use "soft" decks ... interesting ...

This card tells me in no uncertain terms that balance is important. Not only balance, but precise balance. Actually, the discipline aspect of this card speaks the loudest to me today. Probably necessary because today will be the first of many days that bring an onslaught of Christmas goodies. Not only are they bad for my weight but more than two or three feel very yucky in my body. Since I don't know that I can just stop at two or three, the plan is to have a really good lunch and then to completely ignore the goodies (baddies??) afterwards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Hope you managed to keep the discipline Fractalgranny:)

I avoided all biscuits and desserts today :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

CharlotteK wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 14:51 Hope you managed to keep the discipline Fractalgranny:)

I avoided all biscuits and desserts today :)
Thanks for checking in! Turns out there were no goodies, it was just a decoration party. Phew. ANd GOOD FOR YOU for staying off the biscuits!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links