Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
CharlotteK

Re: Mindful Eating and Healthy Habits Daily Draw

Post by CharlotteK »

Nine of Pentacles.

Oh gosh. This is the "because I've earned it" card where I indulge and luxuriate in 'treats' as a reward for my hard work. I am going to the gym this evening for a training session, still trying to build up strength especially in my core and arms. How easy to come home and snack on things that would seem to be a reward but would undermine success.

I picked a green quartz to go with this card as supports heart chakra and I think I have a lot of work to do to unlock the nature of craving and desires and what I am trying to fill here.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

CharlotteK wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 09:19
Oh gosh. This is the "because I've earned it" card where I indulge and luxuriate in 'treats' as a reward for my hard work.
I have something very similar. I've also noticed that it almost exclusively happens for me when I have put out a lot of emotional effort, e.g. after delivering a workshop, after a really hectic day at work, after a challenging session with a client. Does not happen at all after physical effort. The feeling that I experience in my body after those moments is often one of - hmmm, how should I say, being stripped. Sort of like that feeling you get when you get bleach on your hands and all the oils are stripped off your skin. Then I have this vague feeling that I need to lubricate myself, and that doesn't happen with carrot sticks :) Thank you for making room to express that, I don't know that I've ever written down the words like that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

10 of Cups – Ecstasy
One of the reasons why I love this deck is that it contains so many cards of female companionship. Like this one! Five naked women, arranged in a pentagram, hold hands as they luxuriate under a waterfall. I think that’s a waterfall in Hawaii. It obviously means that I need to get myself to a gathering in Hawaii post-haste. Barring that for today, it means to me that I can draw not only strength but also delight from knowing that there are other women like me who don’t mind – actually enjoy – “getting naked” with me – being honest, open, authentic. I feel I get this here in this group and will also meet two women today who are just like that. I don’t have to do this alone.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

It seems germane to this thread to point out that I just posted a translation of a French chapter on food and diet symbolism in the tarot.

viewtopic.php?p=9791#p9791
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

Four of Flames, Conflict
Daughters of the Moon is one of those decks that at times is quite different from RWS or Thoth. This card shows the conflict that is we typically see in the five of wands in RWS. I am startled by how different this card is from the "typical" 4 of wands. Two naked amazons point their arrows at each other in the midst of midnight fire. They are encircled by a snake that seems to egg them on. I am glad that I don’t have that heated conflict in me anymore, the one that makes me think of the devil card. At least here the protagonists are not bound yet, they are still free. What also strikes me in this card is the symmetry. The two protagonists are mirror images of each other. The supposed enemy is almost always within me, even the snake. What do I want today? Do I want that conflict about “I want this cookie but I can’t but I want it but I can’t” – or do I walk away from it? After all, it’s just a card. I can be entranced by how startled I am, or the conflict I have with the supposed other, or by the snake - or I can step out of the card.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

The Star

Following the American Thanksgiving holiday and the worldwide Black Friday maelstrom, The Star centers and quiets herself, finding her peace and stability in order to harness her strength for the days to come.

I take particular notice of her emptying the two jugs. No leftovers for her. In America, many of us have fridges full of leftovers. I think it's important to remember that we've had our holiday for good or ill and that now it's over. We harm ourselves by carrying a feast mentality forward with us.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

Maiden of Flames (Calafia) – Daughters of the Moon
Another card of companionship. This is the equivalent of the knight of wands – one of the cards that I see as very congruent because (in some traditions at least) the knight is a fire card. I love the determination in the faces and stances of the five women in this card. Can I approach my challenges with eating like this? And again, I don't have to do it alone ...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Today's Draw:

4 of Swords + Tower Rx (drawn as a pair, i.e. 1 combined meaning)

In the US, the Thanksgiving holiday is a time of rest but that can leave one feeling unmoored as their patterns and habits are disrupted. The combination of 4-day weekend, different foods in the house, attractive TV specials, different people around at different times, etc. etc. can make it hard to stay focused on developing and maintaining healthy habits.

Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Today is Seven of Pentacles Reversed.

I'm working hard especially in the gym but still not feeling as though I'm getting rid of excess weight. This card suggests a loss of confidence that the hard work will yield results so am keeping the faith and keep telling myself to stick at it. One of my daily dotw cards was Nine of Wands so this is a "hang in there" day today.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

That's my card too. I didn't lose any weight this week. On the other hand, I managed to get through the Thanksgiving holiday without gaining any weight. It still feels like a defeat though.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links