Deck of the Week #20 for November 27 - December 3rd

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #20 for November 27 - December 3rd

Post by Nemia »

A new week is about to begin. Here we exchange our daily readings with our deck of the week.

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations. On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:

Charlie Brown - Shadowscapes
CharlotteK - Dark Grimoire
Nemia - Shadowscapes

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #20 for November 27 - December 3rd

Post by Nemia »

My deck of the week will be Shadowscapes - I neglected this lovely deck a bit because I struggle a bit with the details. I may need stronger reading glasses ;-) and more patience.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Oooohh... I want to do Shadowscapes too. But I warn you that I probably will have to drop out for the latter part of the week due to time constraints.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Although I'll only be drawing one card per day, I drew a Sunday night card as a theme for the whole week.

Ace of Cups

I've been in a rough place emotionally. A fresh week equals a fresh start and the opportunity to feel differently about things. This seems like a good card to start with for my very first Deck of the Week thread.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I'm in with the Dark Grimoire.

Today's card is The Tower.

Well this Cthulhu pulls down the Tower and I've had my sleep destroyed. I'm in a city centre hotel and after just 4 hours sleep I woke up to pandemonium outside and have not been able to get back to sleep since (three hours ago). The monsters on the roofs watching the Tower crumble feel like the tiredest bits of me watching an overactive brain kill any hope of further sleep. I have to get up in any case in 20 minutes. I also have the start to a stinking cold and a sore throat. Not an auspicious start to what is going to be a busy and demanding day.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

What a beautiful card of love and strong bonds. I hope that a good day and week is ahead for all of us.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hrmm, the 7 of Swords is this a warning for me or about me? Or perhaps, under the umbrella of the Ace of Cups, it's telling me that I should be like the swan and open myself to the sun.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yesterday the Two of Cups, introvert and emotional - and today the Two of Wands, extrovert and assertive. It's exactly how my days play out: yesterday at home, concerned with my role as Minister of the Interior - today, I'll be up and about and start something new at work. Just a tiny little new responsibility but hey, I'm excited :-) and have to be as two-of-wands-ish about it as possible.

And wow are those cards beautiful.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Well, the protagonist from that 7 of Swords turned out to be my very own sweet baby: a thief in the night who stole all of my sleep. Today's card is nice, much nicer than I feel. Perhaps it's telling me to pamper myself a bit. Speaking of Pampers... got to go.

Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Today was Eight of Pentacles.

I seem to have been getting rather a lot of Pentacles lately, reflecting quite a heavy preoccupation with balancing work and homelife at the moment.

The LWB for this deck is extremely minimal and the minors are covered with generic numerology meanings and suit meanings that don't seem to match the artwork. Looking at the card I see a fairly standard RWS interpretation in one way, but the twist with this deck is the craftsman is painstakingly whittling at a large block of wood to create a beast. I wonder sometimes what I've got myself into at work. Hope I'm not making a monster! Ha ha.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links