Sacred Days of Yule 2017 - beginning on Dec 20

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
YlvaJackdaw

Re: Sacred Days of Yule 2017 - beginning on Dec 20

Post by YlvaJackdaw »

Hi Nemia,

Thanks for that, and the link. I'll check it out :) It'd be good to working within a routine again.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Wow, I had to re-post the last couple and have revisited this a lot to get the points made as clear as possible but got through the whole series in the end, which is a first for me :icon_e_biggrin: . It's been very useful - this combination of decks has given really sensible and practical advice which I'll be able to refer back to in the coming year :thumbup: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
YlvaJackdaw

Post by YlvaJackdaw »

Yeah, I had to repost my last few too - I knew I should have been saving them somewhere! :icon_lol:

Great reading. I love that it finished with a little motto to guide me through the coming year, as well as giving me lots of healthy advice. I'm so pleased I used this deck: it felt right for the season.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

You definitely got a lot of good advice there, I can relate to quite a bit of it myself :icon_cool: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I noticed only now that I didn't add all the cards yet - had them only in my Evernote account and as pictures, of course.

It was a good reading, and I thank you all for it. We had the Summer Solstice still over on good old AT, we had the Autumn Equinox and now the Winter Solstice/Yule.

I'm getting ready for the Spring Equinox. I still didn't solve the problem of the hemispheres. And as Northern hemisphere inhabitant I'm probably ill-equipped to deal with it. I think Southerners will probably have to tweak the basic spread to make it fit their own experience.

See you all in March! in June! in September! and then December again! I want this to become an ET tradition. Four times a year for the deep questions in life - and for aligning ourselves with the skies...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

The people in the South could perhaps take days from the opposite season if more appropriate.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

For me, there is a more basic problem. The holy days, feast days etc that we celebrate in these readings are based on celestial phenomena. Let's say the Floralia - celebrated by the Romans in spring time, around spring equinox.

This makes perfect sense for the Western World, which is in a way the cultural, political heir of the Western Roman Empire (the USA, Canada etc via their British heritage which is inevitable when you speak English, a language saturated with Latin words via 1. the Roman occupation of Britain and then 2. the Norman invasion which brought French... which is based on Latin). In Europe, there is no way of escaping the Roman/Greek heritage anyway. I used also other traditions, of course, when I designed my two spreads.

But I'm certain the peoples in Australia, New Zealand or Chile have their own celebrations, based on what THEY see in the sky. And I think to make a meaningful reading, the tradition you base it on has to be meaningful to you.

I'm very happy that the Celestial and Constellation Tarot incorporate the Southern constellations although I never saw them. Otherwise it wouldn't be complete. And I think someone from the Southern hemisphere would do a much better job than I, steeped in European heritage, ever could, in designing a spread for March solstice.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
YlvaJackdaw

Post by YlvaJackdaw »

Hi Nemia - I'll definitely be there for the Spring Equinox. The reading itself was wonderful, but I've maintained the daily tarot draw habit it got me into.

It was such a lovely, deep reading. See you in March!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Definitely, Ylva ;-)

I hope you're fine, and hope you'll find your way back here sooner or later!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links