Deck of the week #22 for December 11 - December 17

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the week #22 for December 11 - December 17

Post by Nemia »

A new week is about to begin. Here we exchange our daily readings with our deck of the week.

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations. On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia - Wonderland Tarot in a tin
theFeeLion - Crystal Box Collection deck (daily), Revelations Tarot app (blueprint)
CharlotteK - Robert Place's Buddha Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the week #22 for December 11 - December 17

Post by Nemia »

After the Wild Unknown that asked me so many philosophical questions, let's see how the Wonderland tarot fits into my week. Six of flamingos/spades resonates - I have a long journey today.

I never worked with the Wonderland since I bought it so here is the lwb, too:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I know I'm jumping in a little late here But I'm going to give this a go with my Crystal Box Collection deck and see how I go. Ooo just had a thought... I'm going to do a blueprint thingy using the Revelations Tarot app I got the other day too :icon_mrgreen:
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I'm going to use Robert Place's Buddha Tarot this week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Todays card is the Six of Jewels.

Today will bring an opportunity for generosity, bringing happiness to someone or doing something for another's benefit.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I am so sorry Nemia but unfortunately, I need to back out of DotW this week :icon_redface: :icon_cry: I think this will be a tad too much for me to handle with the Reading Club stuff as well this month! I will definitely be coming back to this in the new year though
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I totally understand you! I'll leave your decks in the list nevertheless if you don't mind - just in case you want to throw in even one reading. If not, no problem either!

Have a good week!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

That's my card for tomorrow - today by the way was just the kind of energy I had today. Tomorrow, a Nine of Wands day. Okay, I see myself on the defensive, pulling myself up from my shoestrings if necessary. Prepared for trouble, not seeking any trouble

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Today's card is Amitabha, Buddha of Lotuses.

Gosh well this is weird. I have now pulled two cards that I drew for FairyPrincess, in a row, after very thorough shuffling.

Amitabha equates to Kind of Wands. He represents mastery over feelings as his action is driven by an understanding of what his feelings are telling him is right and wrong rather from a place pf emotion. He is pictured in meditation as he gazes inwards and perceives the inner light.

Important today I don't react emotionally but check in with myself, critically examine what's there and make considered choices about any actions I'm going to take.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I can't believe the kind of days I'm having - lots of work, lots of fun.

Only now I notice that my card for today, the Nine of Wands, appeared on the last day of its decan. Today is the day of change - how fitting. Everything went much better than anticipated, I dislike change before it happens and then enjoy it very much once it's underway.

This card was spot on and I did have to activate some reserves of energy and assertiveness but I did so - happily.

Tomorrow will be a Ten of Hats/Hearts day. I'm very curious how this week will play out - it's an intriguing little deck and I love the way it looks.

Btw, tomorrow I'm at home, it's my work from home day. I always try to do housework, too, to keep the house nice and clean and cozy (while the kitties do their bit to humanproof the house). Home days are always enjoyable, I'm a homebody.

Thursday will be another long day away from home. There are rhythm changes underway for me, the character of my work changes and I'm surprised how well it all played out until now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links