Deck of the Week #24 for December 24 - December 31

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #24 for December 24 - December 31

Post by Nemia »

A new week is about to begin. Here we exchange our daily readings with our deck of the week.

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations. On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

NB: This is the last week of the year 2017, spanning elegantly the "days between the years", i.e., the week between Holy Night and New Year's Eve/St. Sylvester Day/Hogmanay. Christmas and Kwanzaa fall within this week.

Participants:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #24 for December 24 - December 31

Post by Nemia »

I will use my William Blake Tarot. I have been fascinated by this deck for years but didn't buy it - then it was oop and I mourned for the missed chance - and then it was available again and I bought it. But I only look at it! I dare not use it, it looks so wonderfully wise and creative and different and awe-inspiring. A visionary like Blake - and the deck so much in his spirit - how can I use this deck? The answer is obvious: as deck of a week, the last deck of the year, in the hope to give this year a good ending. I'm curious :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Can I join with my own deck again? I used it before in Deck of the Week and have been using it more since then. It has helped me think about a lot of things. Normally, when I’ve finished a drawing, or even when I’m still working on it, it becomes mysterious to me. I forget my original intention or the work takes on a life of its own, I don’t know. So I read it anew every time I look at it and depending on the situations surrounding me at anyone time. The same seems to be happening with the deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

It is nearly midnight here, so my card is looking back over the day.

Hierophant

The card shows a coiled pregnant dragon with a key in its womb. Behind him a boy in jeans and t-shirt stands guard. He is wearing a helmet, is holding a shield and a sword. I think of him as defender of the faith. On either side of the dragon and boy there are two kneeling naked male figures.

I’ve been thinking a lot about tradition recently and that freedom from traditions always comes at a great price. But I also see the key as the key to heaven, real fulfillment, that the Hierophant can offer. He is someone who guides to and interprets the sacred mysteries.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I finished my beautiful Touchstone week with the World, and I start my William Blake week with Mystery, the High Priestess.

The image is of course taken from Blake's Hecate.

I have always, since my childhood when I discovered the delights of Greek mythology, loved Hecate (also Eos and Selene). Here she appears as High Priestess. I see this card as encouragement. The time has come for me to dare enter the realm of this deck, to start trusting my intuition, and to re-discover my inner Hecate.

Wow, what a powerful card.

There are also echoes from my Yule reading with its question, how to connect to Spirit?

I see the focus - reading the book of god and nature - the ability to wait - and the total self reliance. Great cards. They're all running through my mind right now. I feel Hecate calling me to her...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
popgoth

Post by popgoth »

I'm gonna try to follow through with this this week too. I'm gonna use my deck because i feel like I've done bigger spreads for others with it, but haven't gotten a one on one with it yet:

Architect (king) of Wands

Sticking to my goals, following through, garnering the support of those around me. Not letting doubt or difficulties hinder your path/creativity/etc... This is really ringing true for today, I spent an hour earlier planning out my 2018 goals and trying out some rough drafts for future projects. Paired with the two of wands from my week ahead I can definitely see how this has been influencing my firey energy today---I've been having sudden ideas for another tarot deck, lets hope that following through with my plans for this one allows that one to come to fruition :icon_idea: :icon_idea: :icon_idea:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Popgoth, great to have you here with your very own deck! A great way to see how you work with it and how it looks. You're very very welcome!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Christmas Day

Devil

This card shows the Minotaur. It’s a very sexual image too. I enjoyed various pleasures today: nice food, wine, a book, tv...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
popgoth

Post by popgoth »

12/25

Temperance

Going with the flow and keeping an even head amongst all extremes definitely makes sense for today honestly. holidays are always chaotic here. Now i'm just hoping i can tap into the inspiration this card brings with it for the rest of the night.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

What a fascinating new interpretation of the Wheel of Fortune. I recognize immediately Ezechiel's vision with the cherubim and merkaba.

Buryn's use of photocopies brings with it a certain loss of detail, subtlety and quality - but he makes up for that by an intelligent and enlightening use of Blake's esoteric images in a tarot context. So many links, so I'll add one more - to the deck's website.

Let's see how this will play out today. First Hecate, now the tetramorph - these cards (and Blake) touch the sources for Western esoteric thought (autochthonic roots of Greek mythology, Jewish mysticism). It's a fascinating deck.

Oh, and let's add a link to the online book. It's very good - as you can see for yourself, better than the lwb.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links